With a crumble as dessert,I think I could never go wrong. It is like the dessert that everybody likes and you can easily to adapt any fruit you have at home or already over ripe. You can serve it with vanilla ice cream, or any other flavor, of course I always look for one that is water-based or non-dairy.
I made this crumble because I still have the same “problem” as last week’s post, mango and strawberry ice pops, too much fruit. This is another recipe idea to use the super-ripe fruit you have around or a craving for a super light and easy dessert.
This time I did with nectarines and blueberries, but you can do it with any combination of fruit and the topping can be made with different flours and nuts. Last year I made a crumble recipe with peach and raspberry as delicious as this one.
I made this crumble with a gluten-free flour mixture and ground slivered almonds, sugar and cinnamon. I like to add chia to the fruit because other than giving this dessert a little bit more of nutritional powers it makes the fruit juice a little bit thicker, but it is optional.
If you have leftovers, eat them as breakfast with some coconut or soy yogurt. Here is the recipe and please share if you like it.
Crumble de durazno y blueberries
- 4 nectarines pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sliced 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup flour gluten-free or normal
- 4 tablespoons sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add nectarines, blueberries, teaspoon of tapioca flour, chia seeds, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well until all the fruit is well covered by all the remaining ingredients.
- Add them in a baking dish, if you think it will stick to the bottom of the pan, rub coconut oil on the bottom and sides.
- In the same bowl you prepared the fruit, mix the almonds, flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil. Start with 3 tablespoons, it is usually sufficient, but it depends on the type of flour you use.
- Top the fruit with the mixture and place in the oven for 20 to 25 min.
Chia is optional
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.