This no-knead 3 ingredient bread is the perfect bread to bake at home. It is so easy to make I’m sure you will want to make it every single day.
I do believe that the number of ingredients our food has matter. The more ingredients our food has, the more processed it is. The fewer ingredients it has, the less processed it is and the better it is for us. That is why I am shocked when I read the ingredients of a loaf of bread and they are “thousands”, “millions” … of ingredients that we do not know. I don’t buy them and that is scary to me.
Bread should only have three ingredients: flour, yeast, and salt … well and water. I hope that when you see this recipe for no-knead homemade bread you can make it pretty often.
And best of all, it’s the easiest thing to do. For this no-knead 3 ingredient bread, I used organic unbleached unenriched wheat flour. When the flour is bleached, what it means is that it went through a chemical process to make the flour super white, and enriched flour means that after wheat flour is made super white and stripped from its natural vitamins and minerals, they add vitamins and minerals again.
That is why I choose this flour, I find it to be way more nutritious than the bleached and enriched one, but you can use any flour that you want.
tips, tricks &other recipes:
- The first photo you see up there is a mixture of flour, yeast, salt, and water after resting all night. A sticky, air-filled dough will wait for you in the morning.
- The next photo, photo # 2, is when you take the dough out of the bowl where you put it to rest overnight. For this step, there are two methods to do it—the one in the picture, placing the dough on a baking sheet with parchment paper and flour. Or, you can take the dough out from the first bowl, and put it on a clean greased bowl. Either way works.
- As soon as you put the bread on the tray or in the clean bowl, you must turn the oven on to a high temperature. I preheat the oven to 500ºF, and when the oven reaches its temperature, you put the dutch oven in with the lid on. The beauty of using cast iron pots or dutch ovens is that they become like a mini oven inside the oven. I used a 4 qt. Cast iron from Lodge, but any dutch oven works.
- The only important point here is the type of yeast, use regular yeast. It can be bought in little pouches or jars. I buy jars because, with it, we make the day of the dead bread, the cinnamon rolls, and other types of bread.
- Depending on the humidity and the altitude of the city you live in, you will have to adjust the time in the oven. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get the best results the first time, keep trying, until you get the perfect homemade bread.
- There is nothing better than a slice of bread with olive oil or a tasty sandwich with a loaf of fresh homemade bread.
The best way to make this bread is in a dutch oven. Cast iron pots and pans are some of the best pots and pans there can be. I love how they distribute the heat and even how everything that is cooked in them kind of tastes better. If you don’t have one, I highly recommend buying one. As you may have already noticed, it is one of my favorite cookware pieces. I use it to make soups, especially Mexican lentil soup or my vegetable Mexican broth soup.
So here is the recipe for this
no-knead 3 ingredient bread
No-knead 3 ingredient bread
- 3 cups of flour
- 1½ teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- Dough: The night before mix all the ingredients. The dough will be weird and sticky. That is ok. Cover the bowl with kitchen plastic wrap or beeswax paper and leave overnight, from 12 to 16 hours.
- The next day turn on the oven at 500ºF; when the oven reaches its temperature, put the dutch oven in and let it heat for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, put the dough (which must already double in size), if it looks strange, do not worry, it’s normal, on a baking sheet covered with a piece of well-floured piece of parchment paper. Shape the ball into a ball.
- Take the Dutch oven out of the oven very carefully because it must be mega-hot, put the dough with the parchment paper in the center of the pot. Put the lid on carefully and put it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After the time has passed, uncover and put in the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and slice carefully.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.