Oat milk is going through a massive boom in the vegetable milk world, in the vegan world, my world. It is becoming the new favorite plant-based milk, and I can truly understand why.
This new type of vegan milk, is easy to prepare, very cheap and it has tons of benefits.
I mean… Who doesn’t know about how great you feel after eating
I pour it into my coffee, my tea, smoothies, my cereal… I have even cooked with it. It is creamy and delicious,… YUM. I’m pretty sure you are going to love it as well.
And if you like flavored milk, this oat milk recipe is a great base to add flavor to it.
You can use a bit of raw sugar to sweeten it up or add some dates with a pinch of salt and a dash of vanilla. You could use cocoa powder or cinnamon when blending it.
Anyway, it will taste very delicious.
tips, tricks & Other recipes
Here are some tips and tricks to make the best oat milk
- It doesn’t matter if you use rolled oats or instant oats. Your milk will be delicious. I do prefer rolled oats, though.
- Use an old kitchen towel or an old t-shirt to strain the oat milk if you don’t have a nut milk bag.
- It is better if you make your oat milk in a highspeed blender like the Vitamix , but any other blender will work.
- Do not blend for more than 40 seconds, this can make it slimy.
- Here are other recipes with oats that I love: blender oat pancakes, vegan oat bars, oats in granola.
So here is the recipe for this delicious plant-based milk
I hope you like it as much as I do. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog. And… do not forget to take a picture of your oat milk and post it on Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla #brownsugarandvanilla. I want to see what you make!
- 1 cup of rolled oats use certified gluten-free oats if you are gluten intolerant
- 4 cups of water
- Soak the rolled oats in water for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Drain and rinse well.
- Put them in the blender with 4 cups of fresh water and blend for about 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the milk with a very fine strainer, an old kitchen towel or a nut-milk bag.
- Store it in a glass container with a lid in the fridge, it will keep for 4-6 days.
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 pitted dates and a pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- teaspoon of vanilla
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.