Oat milk is going through a massive boom in the vegetable milk world. It is becoming the new favorite plant-based milk. I can truly understand why.
I got introduced to oat milk through a very special person in my life. She recommended it to me, and when I tried it, I loved it. 👏
This new type of vegan milk is easy to prepare, very cheap and it has tons of benefits. I mean… Who doesn’t know about how great you feel after eating
I pour it into my coffee, my tea, smoothies, my cereal… I have even cooked with it. It is creamy and delicious,… YUM. I’m pretty sure you are going to love it as well.
It is also a great base to add flavor to it.
You can use a bit with raw sugar to sweeten it up or add some dates with a pinch of salt. You could use vanilla or cinnamon when blending it. Anyway, it will taste good.
So here is the recipe for this delicious plant-based milk:
I hope you like it as much as I did. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog. And… do not forget to take a picture of your oat milk and post it on Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla #brownsugarandvanilla. I want to see what you make!
- 1 cup of rolled oats use certified gluten-free oats if you are gluten intolerant
- 4 cups of water
- Soak the rolled oats in water for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Drain and rinse well.
- Put them in the blender with 4 cups of fresh water and blend for about 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the milk with a very fine strainer, an old kitchen towel or a nut-milk bag.
- Store it in a glass container with a lid in the fridge, it will keep for 4-6 days.
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 pitted dates and a pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- teaspoon of vanilla