Amazing and super easy breakfast, that will make every person in the world, that thinks that eating healthy is boring change their minds.
This porridge is full of spices, texture and flavor. It is a great way to start the day.
Oats and amaranth porridge with caramelized pears
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup amaranth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 pears diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- In a covered pot add the oats, amaranth and water. Cover and simmer until most of the water has been absorbed by the oat and amaranth. It takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, add the coconut oil, pears. When the pears are beginning to brown add species and maple syrup.
- Turn off heat.
- To serve, put the oats in a bowl with amaranth, a splash of coconut milk, a spoonful of caramelized pears and sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.