This is the best recipe to take your Sunday morning breakfast to the next level. This recipe for oats and apple pancakes is straightforward to prepare, and every bite is deliciousness overload. It is the perfect breakfast for weekends because they take a little longer than normal pancakes.
This recipe is perfect for the days you can spend time reading the paper and having some coffee sitting down and without running out the door. For those slow and easy mornings, these pancakes are a home run with my family.
OATMEAL AND APPLE Pancakes
These are definitely not fast food. You have to make them patiently, these oatmeal and apple pancakes are slow food, they take a while to cook. Here is the list of ingredients:
- Grated apples. It can be any color: green or red, and the type you want. The only thing I recommend is choosing a firm apple. When apples are very ripe and have a soft consistency, it is very difficult to grate it and it will release a lot of juice.
- Whole wheat flour. Use the flour that you like the most. I use one that is whole wheat but the ground is fine. You can use perfect all-purpose flour without a problem.
- Oats. Use regular oats, don’t use instant oatmeal. If you don’t like the texture of oatmeal in bread or pancakes, blend it into flour.
- Almond milk or other plant-based milk.
- Among other ingredients.
These pancakes are delicious, they are super healthy and made with real ingredients. For me, when creating new recipes, it is very important that every recipe is healthy and kid, husba
ARe THESE APPLE Pancakes fluffy?
These pancakes have grated apples and a divine mixture of the flour with the other ingredients is made. It is a super-rich thick mixture and it is a complete and nutritious breakfast. It’s like giving regular pancakes a boost. With that said, these are not fluffy. These vegan pancakes are rich and dense.
💡Idea If you are in a hurry and don't think you have time to make these vegan pancakes, prepare the oatmeal ones in the blender. Those pancakes come together in a pinch.
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- These oat and apple pancakes require a bit of patience to prepare, they take a bit longer to cook than the regular ones. That is why I love to prepare them on Sundays. I just love easy and mornings. Do you like lazy Sundays also?
- IMPORTANT: So that they do not take so long in the pan, add a little mixture, and spread it a little.
- Use any type of apples here, any kind will work. I love to use gala, autumn glory, or even granny smith apples.
- You could also add more spices, like cardamom, allspice, or even more cinnamon.
- Grate the apples with the or with a normal vegetable grater. I like it better with the manual vegetable grater.
- Here are other ideas and recipes for lazy Sunday breakfast: Burritos, healthy enchiladas, savory pancakes, or an acai smoothie bowl.
- Here is the traditional pancake recipe made from scratch.
Here is the recipe for these pancakes with grated apple and oatmeal and hope you like them as much as my kids. When you make them take a photo and share on, , or save them for later on .
It would also be incredible if you gave 5 stars to this recipe and left me your questions, comments, etc. here in the section below. Maybe if you want a recipe, tell me and I will do it with pleasure.
Oats and apple pancakes
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup grated apple
- 1½ cups almond milk rice or soy
- 2 tablespoons oil neutral taste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl mix all the powders together with the oats.
- Add milk, oil and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Grate the apple with a kitchen grater or food processor.
- Add it to the mixture you did before, mix and start making the pancakes as usual.
- Heat a non-stick pan medium heat. When ready add a ladle of pancake batter and wait until it appears to be dry at the top and to turn.
- Repeat until you’re done with the batter.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter Earth Balance (it’s the one I use because it is organic and vegan).
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.