Yes, this is a one-pan tomato and onion pasta recipe. What this means is that in one pan, you will cook the pasta and the sauce… AT THE SAME TIME.
This pasta is wonderful for those days when you need to have dinner on the tale ina pinch. For those days when your loved ones surprise you and you ask them to stay for dinner.
For mi, this pasta is perfect for the days that I have super busy afternoons or even when I forget to cook dinner. Does this happen to you as well? Do you forget to cook dinner also? 🙈
I don’t know if you’ve heard about this way of cooking pasta. It is wonderful because in the same pan you cook the pasta and make the sauce … yes, all at the same time. So we can say this is a magic pasta dish or PASTA IN ONE STEP.
The general idea of this dish is that when you cook pasta in less water, all the starch that is released mixes with the other ingredients you add to the pan and makes a delicious creamy sauce.
tips, tricks & other recipes
In this list, you will find the best tips to make ONE-PAN TOMATO AND ONION PASTA This recipe calls for onion which makes the sauce more flavorful and, in general, the entire dish with a more delicious texture.
- To make this tomato and onion magic pasta recipe it is better to choose a large pan or a pot that’s not very deep. I love a good cast iron braising pan.
- When you put the onion into the vegan butter and olive oil, do not let it brown, the idea is that it becomes translucent. And it is much better if you add it in very thin slices.
- I use Myoko’s brand for my vegan butter, I love this brand because the butter is made mainly with cashews.
- To add the dried chili is totally optional. You can add oregano or basil if you wish.
- While cooking the pasta, is important to keep it under the liquid at all times.
- Move the pasta in the onion and tomato sauce constantly to prevent it from sticking.
- Before putting all the ingredients in the pot, be sure that the linguine fits in the pan. Make sure that the ends are not sticking out.
- Here in the blog, BrownSugar&Vanilla, I have other pasta recipes that are also very good. Pesto with pasta, pesto is the best. This other recipe for tomato and butternut squash pasta that I also make in a single pot or one of my favorites … pasta with broccoli.
This is a perfectly planned vegan menu, a dream of a menu
- vegan Caesar salad
- this vegan pasta dish
- homemade bread, Foccacia
- and a creamy and delicious chocolate mousse
So here is the recipe for this
ONE PAN TOMATO AND ONION PASTA
ONE PAN TOMATO AND ONION PASTA
- 1 lb linguine package
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter or vegan butter
- ½ onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- In a large frying pan put the olive oil and the vegan butter. When melted add the sliced onion. Leave the onion until transparent.Move the pasta with some kitchen pins until it is ready.
- Add the water, the salt, the dried chili, the tomato and the pasta.
- Move the pasta with some kitchen thongs until it is ready. Do not wait for all the liquid to be abosrbed. That pasta will be ready before that.
- Serve inmidiately.