I promise you that this one-pot puttanesca pasta is ready in a pinch and is perfect for a day when you are in a hurry or don’t really want to wash too many dishes. This pasta is made in one pot.
What is pasta puttanesca?
Pasta alla puttanesca is a classic Italian dish invented in Naples. The typical ingredients of this pasta are tomatoes, dried chili, olive oil, olives, capers, and garlic. It is one of my favorite pasta dishes and it is super delish.
My recipe has all the traditional ingredients but with the great advantage that everything is done simultaneously in one pot. The sauce and pasta cook at the same time as the sauce.
Ingredients for vegan pasta alla puttanesca
- Pasta. The traditional way to make this pasta dish is with spaghetti; if you want to make it with another type of pasta, use fettuccine or penne. This cooking pasta method does not work well with thin kinds of pasta, like angel hair or gluten-free pasta.
- Red chili pepper, you can use flakes or the whole chili.
- Capers, in my household, we call them flavor bombs because they really are quite a bomb of flavor in every bite. Don’t skip them; they add incredible flavor to everything you add them to.
- Olives. I use pitted olives, and whatever you have in your pantry works; I use black olives and other times green olives.
- Garlic, it is important that you use sliced garlic. Do not use minced garlic because it can burn and turn bitter.
- Tomato. I like to use San Marzano tomato cans that do not have any other ingredient rather than salt. You can use chopped tomato or blended tomato.
How to cook the pasta and make the sauce at the same time?
- The first thing to do is put olive oil and garlic in a pot with a lid, put it over medium heat, low for three minutes, or when it starts to smell delicious.
- You add oregano, salt, a dry chili, or dried chili flakes and leave it for another minute.
- Then you add the can of tomato, olive oil, and pasta. In the end, you pour hot water on it, cover it, and that’s it.
Then cover it for six minutes, let it boil, uncover it, and leave until the pasta is ready. Please do not take your eyes off it and move it constantly so that the spaghetti does not stick.
When the pasta is al dente, add the olives and capers, and finish it with chopped parsley and vegan parmesan cheese.
💥Super important💥 You have to move the pasta constantly so it does not stick. Even though this pasta alla puttanesca it is made in a single pot, you can't walk away, you have to keep an eye on it. If there is any liquid left in the pot and the pasta is ready, don't worry, it will absorb and remember that this is the sauce. It should not be dry.
BEst recipes to serve pasta puttanesca with:
Other recipes that you may like:
Here the recipe for this puttanesca pasta is made in a single pot, and it is the best, super-delish, and very easy to make. I promise you that it is a lifesaver and will get dinner on the table; those days you are crazy busy, and suddenly you turn around, and it is time to eat. Please share a photo of your dish and share it on Instagram or FB when you make it.
If you are going to do it later, it would be incredible to save it on Pinterest. It would also be incredible if you give it 5 stars and/or tell me how it went in the comments section; if you have doubts or ideas, put them there.
One Pot Pasta Puttanesca
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tablespoons + 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- 1 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes (or in puree)
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 cups hot water
- 1/2 -1 cup black olives
- 2-3 tablespoons capers
- In a saucepan with a lid, add two tablespoons of olive oil and garlic over medium heat.
- Leave it for three minutes or until it releases its aroma. Add the salt, oregano, and dried chili. Leave it for one more minute.
- Put the tomato puree, a quarter of olive oil and the pasta. Little by little, add the hot water so that the spaghetti starts to give way and you can put it completely in the pot.
- Cover, lower the heat and leave it for six minutes, it will start to boil. Move from time to time.
- Uncover and leave until pasta is fully cooked. Turn off and set aside.
- Add the olives and capers. Mix carefully and serve immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
La información nutricional de esta receta y de todas en la pagina es aproximada. Los valores exacto no están garantizados.
Do you follow me on Instagram?