This peach and avocado salad is perfect for summer. It comes together in a pinch and it is very easy to make. But the best thing about this vegan salad is that everyone in your family will love it.
Probably the combination of peach and avocado does not sound like the most appealing thing but stay with me, let me tell you more about this salad.
It is very easy to make, it is perfect for summer and days with warm weather. I made this salad with peach but you could also make it with nectarines or even apricots.
How to make peach and avocado summer salad?
Look the only thing you have to do is make the vinaigrette, cut the peaches and avocados and you’re done.
For the greens, you can use whatever you want or have on hand. I love using spinach or a mix of greens. But this salad will be perfect with kale or any other green you like.
How to make the dressing
This is one of my favorite dressings ever, and it only has four ingredients. Yes, four, and you just add them to a jar, close tightly, shake the jar vigorously, and done. Here is the list of ingredients:
- OLIVE OIL
- CHOPPED SHALLOTS
- RED WINE VINEGAR
- MAPLE SYRUP
Well, it has salt also, but that doesn’t count right?
I like to finish off all of my salads with something delicious and crunchy on top. Sometimes I add nuts, other times seeds, or maybe even croutons, which I love. I finished the summer salad with hemp seeds.
Have you tried them?
Tips, tricks & other recipes
- Make this salad the day you are going to eat it.
- If you need to prepare it in advance, make the dressing and store it in the fridge.
- Cut the peach and avocado just before serving.
- This salad goes perfectly well with any type of bbq or a simple pasta like cacio e pepe pasta.
- This salad tastes good with any other simple vinaigrette.
- And this vinaigrette tastes good with any different mix of lettuces.
- Here are other recipes that I think you may enjoy:
So here is the recipe for my
summer salad with peach and avocado
and I hope you like it as much as I do. If you do, don’t forget to share the recipe and a picture of your salad on Instagram or FB. I love to see how your pictures. Save it on Pinterest if you want to make it later and leave your comments and/or ratings on the comment section. Let me know if you have suggestions, questions, I’m here to help.
Peach and avocado summer salad
- 4 large handfuls of mixed greens
- 1 large peach sliced and pitted
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 4 tablespoons of hemp seeds
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- To make the vinaigrette, mix all the ingredients in a jar and mix very well. Test and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Put the greens in a salad bowl, add the peach slices, the avocado slices, add a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette and finish with the hemp seeds.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.