These pecan Christmas cookies are made with clean ingredients and are totally vegan. The best thing is that they are straightforward to make, and everyone is going to love them. These one-bowl cookies are perfect for the Christmas season.
The other day Sofia bought the cutest house-shaped cookie cutter from Magnolia. One more cookie cutter for the collection, I know. One which we did NOT need, but it is so cute I couldn’t say no when she asked for it. And in the end, it was me who ended up using it to make these vegan pecan cookies.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE pecan COOKIES
- Coconut oil, use coconut oil at room temperature. Soft but not liquid.
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup
- Flour. Spelt flour or wheat flour. Spelt is a grain that is packed with superpowers, has tons of minerals and vitamins. This flour does have gluten but it is easier to digest than wheat flour. If you get sprouted spelt flour, like the one from One Degree, even better.
HOW TO MAKE vegan pecan COOKIES?
You can preprare these Christmas cookies in two different wasy, both of them are delicious and perfect:
- The first way: Mix all the ingredients as indicated in the recipe for cookies. Roll the dough and cut with a cookie cutter or make balls, put in the oven and that’s it.
- The second way: Is to make the dough without adding the pecans and sugar. Roll it out and sprinkle the walnuts and sugar on top. If you do it like this, you can roll or fold the dough, and the walnut remains in the center.
💡NOTES ON SPELT FLOUR I used sprouted spelt flour from One Degree Organics to prepare these Christmas cookies. I love to use spelt flour because it's full of vitamins and minerals and it has superpowers. Did you know that spelt can boost the immune system? And it also can help circulation, build stronger bones, help digestive function, decreases cholesterol and helps reduce high blood pressure? That’s for real! Can you imagine a Christmas cookie that you can eat without guilt??
Other recipes that you may like:
These cookies are soft, flavorful, and very nutritious. They are so good I’m pretty sure you will not only make them for Christmas. Hopefully, you will make them all year long.
So here is the best recipe for vegan pecan Christmas cookies; and I hope you like them as much as we do, and if you do, please share the blog. It would also be fantastic and super helpful to leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Pecan Christmas cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup pecan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil until smooth. Gradually add the remaining ingredients in the order they appear in the list of ingredients, integrating each one of them well before adding the next.
- The dough must be smooth and very easy to stretch with the roller. At this point, you can make cookie balls or stretch the dough and cut into different forms with a cookie cutter.
- Before stretching the dough sprinkle flour on the surface where you are going to work, so it does not stick. When done, put them on a baking tray prepared with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
THANKS TO ONE DEGREE ORGANICS FOR PARTNERING WITH ME ON THIS POST AND THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE COMPANIES I LIKE TO WORK WITH. (Dec. 2017)