I know that you’ll love these pecan spelt one bowl Christmas cookies! They are delicious, light and easy to prepare.
Sofia bought the cutest cookie cutter ever. When we got home, I knew that I needed to make these pecan spelt one bowl Christmas cookies to use it. If you know me, you know that I lean towards the savory side of food I’m not really into super-sweet treats or sticky and extra sugary cakes or candy. This is why this recipe of pecan spelt cookies is one of my favorite recipe cookies of all time.
These cookies are soft, flavorful, and very nutritious. They are so good I’m pretty sure you will not only make them for Christmas. Hopefully, you will make them all year long.
I used sprouted spelt flour from One Degree Organics to prepare these Christmas cookies. I love to use spelt flour because it’s full of vitamins and minerals and it has superpowers. Did you know that spelt can boost the immune system? And it also can help circulation, build stronger bones, help digestive function, decreases cholesterol and helps reduce high blood pressure? That’s for real! Can you imagine a Christmas cookie that you can eat without guilt??
(Related content: Gluten-free chocolate chip cookies)
In this video, you’ll learn about the people that grow the spelt, the land in which it grows and that process it takes to get to our table. I love working with products; I try to use products that I know where they come from. In a way, using One Degree Products is doing what Michael Poland has always said: “Shake the hand of your farmer.”
(Related content: Pancakes with oats and apples)
Here is the recipe for this
pecan spelt one bowl Christmas cookies
and I hope you like them as much as we do and if you do, please share the recipe and the blog and…. buy One Degree Organics products, by buying their products you’re supporting the farmers that grow them, your health and our planet.
Pecan spelt one bowl Christmas cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup pecan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil until smooth. Gradually add the remaining ingredients in the order they appear in the list of ingredients, integrating each one of them well before adding the next.
- The dough must be smooth and very easy to stretch with the roller. At this point, you can make cookie balls or stretch the dough and cut into different forms with a cookie cutter.
- Before stretching the dough sprinkle flour on the surface where you are going to work, so it does not stick. When done, put them on a baking tray prepared with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven and cool completely.