One of my favorite recipes from all time, VEGAN BROWNIES!!! I love anything with dark chocolate in it, but brownies and vegan healthy brownies they just are on the top of the list!
One day I was watching a nutrition documentary, and a diet specialist said that it is ok to eat a chocolate cake, an apple pie, some chocolate chip cookies, vanilla ice cream, …. as long as you make it yourself.
I love this philosophy because he is not telling you not to eat, but to watch what you eat.
And, of course, if we make things at home, we will use the best ingredients, we will not use chemicals, extra sugar, or any stuff that we don’t like in our food. And let’s be real; I will never cook all this food at the same time, not even the same day.
That’s why when my kids ask for “millions” of things while grocery shopping, I always tell them, “YES, we can eat that.” Go and look for the ingredients so they can prepare it at HOME. So, when I make the desserts or snacks they want, I prepare them healthier and less sugary for the kids.
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- To make this recipe, you need only one bowl.
- Let the flax meal sit for 5-10 minutes until it fluffs a bit.
- Watch the brownies carefully while baking, you don’t want them to overbake.
- Here are other tasty vegan sweet ideas: avocado-chocolate mousse, zucchini chocolate muffins, sugarless berry muffins.
- Instead of chocolate chips, you could add walnuts, pecans or white chocolate chips.
Here is the recipe for these
delicious and perfect vegan brownies
Perfect homemade vegan brownies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegetable milk rice or almond
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the cocoa, all-purpose flour, ground flax seeds, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl mix the almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and milk.
- Pour the liquid mix over the dry mix. Mix and when everything is well-integrated add the chocolate chips. Empty the the mixture to the brownie mold and flatten the top with a spatula.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top of the brownies start looking shiny.
- Remove and let cool completely before trying.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.