Not all smoothies have to be green or have a weird color. This pink beet smoothie not only has a very pretty color it has tons of natural vegan protein.
When I started giving smoothies to my kids it was a total shock for them. Every morning I blended whatever I found in the fridge and called it a smoothie. That smoothie not always had the prettiest color, most of the days the color was really weird and with a brownish-greenish color. Not pretty nor tasty.
Poor kids, they have always been my “professional recipe tasters” and believe me, it has not always been good things. But slowly and with a huge motivation to make my kids love homemade green juices and smoothies, I started to develop some very good vegan smoothie recipes.
The good thing is that when you prepare a smoothie at home, like this pink beet smoothie, it is that you have TOTAL control over the ingredients. You control the amount of vegetables, greens, sugar, and even superfoods you put into it. Here are some tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way.
How to make the best vegan smoothie?
- Yes, not all vegan smoothies are created equal. You want to make a good, low calorie, nutrient-dense smoothie.
- To achieve this you have to add a combination of fruits, seeds, vegetables, greens, and superfoods.
- Prepare your smoothies with the colors of the rainbow in mind. Red cherries, orange sweet potatoes, squash or carrots, yellow limes or ginger, greens like kale spinach and blues and purples in all the berries.
- Then add the liquid first to your blender. This will make your plant-based smoothie have a silky, smoother texture.
- Start blending at a very slow speed, gradually turn it up until you get to the fastest setting. Let it blend for a minute or so.
- Remember that if you do not have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec you can always strain your juices and smoothies.
- If you are just starting to drink them, drink them really cold or add ice cubes.
- Here are other of my favorite smoothie recipes: smoothie tropical bowl, acai smoothie, kale and mandarine smoothies, grapefruit shot.
So here is the recipe for this pink beet smoothie filled with all the health benefits of beets, with whole good and clean vegan protein from the hemp seeds and cashews, and the detox powers of ginger and lime juice. If you like it please share the recipe on Instagram, FB, or dave it for later on Pinterest.
Pink beet smoothie
- 1 beet
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- lime juice
- 1½ cup water, coconut water or almond milk
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Drink immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.