Loving summer, there is no rush for anything in my life, no running around trying to do 100 things. It has been so quiet around here that I have not even started with my 1000 plans I had for this time of year. I´ve been so in peace that when I turn around it is time for lunch or dinner.
That happened to me on Saturday. I was reading, Romina was at a friend’s house, and suddenly Sergio says… Should we eat? And, of course, I had nothing prepared.
But I do not remember where I read that is not what you serve that matters as much as how you serve it and what you call it. This pitas with hummus, cherry tomatoes, green leaves and shallots, are so easy to prepare, so fast and you just need to use one skillet. Besides you can also name them fancier, like “Mediterranean Pizzettas” or something else you think about.
Here, here, and here are recipes for hummus, but you can use which ever recipe you want or even store bought hummus, although it does not taste as good as homemade. For the greens, use what you have in the fridge and whatever you like, spinach, kale or a mixture of several. Here is the recipe-idea, and hope you like it. If you do please share.
Pita bread with hummus, greens and shallots
- 2 shallots peeled and sliced
- 4-5 handfulls of greens spinach, kale, acelagas, etc.
- 1 recipe of homemade hummus or a container of 250 grams.
- 1 lb of cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 pieces of pita bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, add a teaspoon of olive oil and saute the shallots. Add a pinch of salt and leave them until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set them in a separate dish. Add greens to the pan and leave them there until wilted, add a pinch of salt. Put them in a separate dish. Add another teaspoon of oil and place the tomatoes with a little salt. Leave them there until they are golden brown and the skin begins to crack. To assemble the pitas, add about two tablespoons of hummus, some greens, a few tomatoes and shallots.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.