My friend Pilar, from the blog En mi cocina hoy, made this book with her friends from Chile. It is beautiful, full of gorgeous pictures and delicious recipes.
I chose to show this recipe as it is elegant enough for this time of year but super easy. It is the kind of recipe you just put a few ingredients together and totally forget about it. I’m pretty sure you will enjoy it as much as us.
Here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy it! Other recipes:
- Farro kale and navy beans salad
- Quinoa carrots and pistachio vinaigrette
- gluten free pasta with roasted broccolini
- Summer vegan hamburger
Poached pears in red wine
- 4 pears
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- a piece of orange peel
- a slice of cinnamon Medium
- 6-10 peppercorns
- 1/2 anis star
- Boil red wine with sugar, spices and orange zest.
- Peel the pears without removing the stems. When the wine is boiling, add the pears for 15 or 20 minutes. The idea is they are cooked but still firm.
- Saca pears when they are ready, leave them aside. Leave the wine until reduced, a thick honey is made.
- To serve, bathes each pear with honey wine.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.