This potato and sweet potato puree with vegan chipotle queso is completely different from the classic version. Still delicious though.
At this time of year, at Christmas and Thanksgiving, mashed potatoes are a must on our table. Well, I’ll tell you that in my house it is very common throughout the year. The truth is that we love them and we eat potatoes and sweet potatoes pretty often. This puree is one of our favorites, and the best part of this potato and sweet potato puree is that I can use the leftovers to make tacos or “tostadas“.
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving one year and it was delicious, so it’s been in our table since then. It’s a classic and super simple recipe of potato and sweet potato puree but with a twist. The potatoes get cooked in salty water. In the end, then mashed with crushed black pepper, salt, and butter (I use vegan butter).
This vegan chipotle queso is the best, and it’s super easy to make, you only need three ingredients (four if you count salt as one). You can use it to make nachos, or roasted broccoli or anything else that comes to mind. Just drizzle it on top of anything for an amazing kick of flavor and creaminess.
So just before serving this potato and sweet potato puree, I add the vegan chipotle queso. And if you want a little bit more flavor, add some chopped cilantro…… it really adds an amazing finishing touch. This is a Mexicanized puree. 😂 Don’t you think?????? Now let me share with you the recipe for this
potato and sweet potato puree with vegan chipotle queso,
my take on mashed potatoes. If you like it, please share. Also, don’t forget to rate it with five stars down in the comment section, take a picture, on Instagram with the #piloncilloyvainilla or on Facebook and Pinterest. you have no idea how much joy seeing you recreate my recipes brings to me. I also learn a lot from all of the changes that you make to them.
Potato and sweet potato puree with vegan chipotle queso
- 2 large potatoes cut into pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons of butter vegan butter
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of water from which the potatoes were cooked or almond milk or rice milk
Chipotle vegan cheese
- 1 cup unsalted and unroasted cashews raw
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of chipotle chile in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cover the pieces of potato and sweet potato with enough water and a teaspoon of salt. Leave covered until fully cooked.
- When fully cooked, drain them the water (saving about a cup of water), mash them and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend the cashews with the garlic powder, the chipotle chili pepper in adobo, the pinch of salt and half a cup of water. Blend until creamy.
- Serve the vegan chipotle queso on top of the puree.
- Use leftovers to make crispy tacos or tostadas.