This potato torte is the easiest most delicious recipe you’ll ever find. It only takes five ingredients to prepare this torte and if you have leftovers there are very easy to transform.
I love recipes like this, easy, delicious and perfect for any time of the year or the day. This potato torte is perfect if you don’t like mash potatoes or you need a delicious side dish.
It is as easy as slicing potatoes, sweet potatoes, and red onion. And then you put all the slices together with salt, rosemary and olive oil.
You can make it just with potatoes and red onions, but I like to add the nutricional powers of sweet potatoes. And, if we put the two together we have a delicious, powerful, healthy, easy to prepare… potato torte.
Tips, tricks & other recipes
- A good tip to make this dish would be to cut all the vegetables with a similar width. Use a very sharp knife, a food processor or a mandoline. Just be careful with any of those sharp utensils. I have cut my self many times and it is not fun.
- I like to use red onion but any type will work. use Vidalia onions, yellow onions or even white onions.
- legume If you serve this dish as a lunch, serve it with a delicious salad and a soup. That would be a well balanced vegan meal.
- This potato torte takes a bit of time in the oven if you are in a hurry,
coverit and when cooked uncover to let the top layer roast.
- Here are other recipes with potatoes that I think you will love: potatoes with chipotle and lime juice, these are perfect as an appetizer. Roasted potatoes with pico de gallo salad, perfect picnic salad.
So here is the recipe for this
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 large potatoes sliced. Yukon or Russet are best.
- 2 large sweet potatoes sliced
- a sprig of rosemary
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the potato, onion, and sweet potato. Use a mandolin, a food processor, or a knife. Try to achieve even thickness on all three vegetables.
- To assemble the torte, put a teaspoon of olive oil in the bottom of a cast-iron pan or baking dish. Then put a layer of sliced potatoes, sprinkle some salt, a little of rosemary, and half a teaspoon of olive oil.
- The idea is to lightly oil the top of each layer with oil.
- Do the same with the onion layer and the sweet potatoes layer until you are done. Finish with a potato layer.
- Bake until the top layer is golden brown and the rest is perfectly cooked.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.