I know it is still early for the trip we have planned for the summer, but I wanted to start trying recipes that are easy to make and travel well. A snack that would make the kids wait a little longer until the next meal.
Santiago is in this age were he
devours eats everything he sees. The funniest thing is that is throws himself over the couch and swears he will starve to death if he doesn’t eat in the exact moment. And here at home it does not matter much, but on the highway or in the air he ends up eating any thing.
This is why I’m trying new and more nutritious snacks. This snack recipe is an intelligent snacking idea, a recipe full of good and powerful ingredients. These are almond, dates and cinnamon balls. They are made in no time, and then you can put in a jar and they are ready to go.
Another advantage is they do not need to be refrigerated and can be eaten and taken everywhere. They are like the perfect combination of sweet and healthy dessert, made with super healthy nuts and dates.
When you finish rolling the balls you could cover them in almost anything, for example sesame seeds, cinnamon or as hemp seeds, as I did, for an extra boost of protein and good things. Here is the recipe and hope you like it and serve you well for when you travel. If you like it please share the recipe.
Snack power balls
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 1/4 cup pitted dates 30 or so
- a good pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon grounded cinnamon
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds * Optional
- In a food processor add the almonds and pulse repeatedly until broken into small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients and turn on the food processor until everything integrates well and is completely grounded.
- To form the balls, grab some mixture between your hand and squeez it until a ball forms of the size you want.
- Put hemp seeds in a small bowl and roll the ball by until fully covered with hemp seeds.