Yes, you can eat nachos like the ones they make at the movies with good queso, a nutritious vegan cheese that nourishes us and at the same time makes us happy. This is my recipe for making vegan queso for nachos.
Years ago, but many years ago, in some nutrition courses that I attended, we were taught how to make eggless mayonnaise using potatoes and carrots. The truth is that I could never make it work. As much as I tried, it never came out. I always ended with a weird mayo situation.
So when I saw online that this vegan cheese sauce was a hit. I had my doubts, but I tried it anyway. Little by little, I started developing my recipe by testing with some extra ingredients and even switching some. I got so excited when I saw the results even from the first try.
I kept trying because I knew that something good was going to come out of this. And my family got excited as well. The first time they saw a huge platter with corn chips and queso on top finished with pickled jalapeños; they couldn’t believe that I was serving them that.
And in this weird time in life, that we have been watching movies at home so much, these vegan cheesy nachos have come in handy, they make us feel at the movie theater. And I’m happy to give my kids this treat because this queso has nothing to do with the storebought bright yellow queso with so many unhealthy ingredients.
This vegan cheese is made with potatoes, carrots, leeks, sliced almonds or cashews, and a secret ingredient. The consistency of the cheese is truly impressive. It is creamy, delicious, and when hot, it is wonderful. You really, really have to try this vegan cheese.
✎TIP: Store the cheese in a closed jar in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat it, serve it on a small plate and microwave it for a few seconds. This will make it creamy again.
Tips, Tricks & other recipes
In this list, you will find such good tips and tips and tricks to make delish combos with this creamy vegan cheese.
- This vegan cheese for nachos goes well with any dish you would add melted cheese too.
- Imagine roasted broccoli dipped in this sauce … yum. It is super creamy, and it is also perfect for roasted sweet potatoes or baked potatoes.
- It is delicious with this “chorizo” tostadas or you can use storebought vegan chorizo just crumbled on top.
- It really is very easy to do; the only thing that you need to do is to blend it pretty well.
- I have the Vitamix , and it is perfect because it has a handle that you can put in the blender to help the ingredients move faster. If you do not have a high-speed blender, begin to blend all the ingredients on low speed, turn off, uncover the blender and push the ingredients around with a spoon. Repeat until you have the creamy, smooth, and delicious cheese.
- I make this vegan cheese for nachos with cashews or with sliced almonds. With both, it turns out great and super creamy and smooth; the difference is in color.
- As soon as the vegetables are soft, I empty them directly into the blender so that the cheese is warm and can be poured directly onto the corn tortilla chips.
- I store what’s left in a jar with a tight lid, and when it cools down, I put it in the refrigerator.
- A super special thing about this cheese is that it can reheat, and it will be perfect again.
So here is the recipe for this
queso, vegan queso for nachos and many more things
Queso, vegan queso
- 2 cups diced potato
- ¾ cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup leek white and light green part only
- 3/4 cup water
- ½ cup cashews or sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup pickled jalapeños brine
- Cook the potato, carrot, and leeks with ¾ cup of water.
- When they are fully cooked, and the leek is soft. Pour everything into the blender container.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend.
- Blend slowly until everything is well mixed and creamy, try for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve on top of nachos or roasted broccoli or sweet potato chips.
- 2 cups of diced potatoes are about two medium-sized potatoes or one large potato
- 3/4 cup of sliced carrots is about one large carrot
- use a small leek, just white and light green parts only
- The best potatoes for this vegan queso are yukon gold or fingerlings.