This year I started adding all of my recipes to yummly, I thought this is a great way to have tons of recipes and ideas in the same place. So You can always find inspiration for your next meal. Give it a try, I’m sure you’ll love it.
On another note, this is a great easy and very different salad. It is full of benefits and flavor. It has carrots, quinoa, pistachios, and coriander seeds. All are topped with fresh cilantro…. Yummm!
Quinoa, carrots and pistachio vinaigrette
- 1 cup quinoa
- 11/2 cup water
- 5 carrots peeled and julienned or grated
- 1 avocado diced.
- 1/4 cup washed and chopped cilantro
- For the dressing:
- 1 / 2-3 / 4 teaspoon ground coriander seeds crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Boil the quinoa in a pot with a lid, just add the quinoa and water. Cover and wait until most of the water has evaporated. Leave it covered until completely absorbed.
- While quinoa is done, wash and peel carrots then julienne. Add the chopped cilantro and set aside. Put them in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the dressing, mix in a jar all the ingredients. Test and adjust salt if necessary.
- Put half the dressing in carrots with coriander, mix and serve immediately.
- To serve, put in a bowl half carrot salad, quinoa and half the avocado in half. Put a little more seasoning.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.