Quinoa noodles with almond butter sauce, easy, delicious, vegan and much better than any restaurant. This dish is made under ten minutes, and much better than take-out.
Loving this time of the year, I love warm weather but with a breeze, that’s my thing. I feel that with this weather life gets easier, lighter and better. I love to eat fresh and easy salads, quick pasta dishes and if they are veggie loaded, better. I love this recipe so much that I just had to share it with you. The sauce is made with only seven ingredients, yes only seven!!! And it is amazing!!
It is a great sauce to have in the fridge. It tastes amazing with any kind of noodles, or as a dressing for a salad or even as a dipping sauce for spring rolls or a Buddha bowl. Really, it is that good, and best of all is that with this sauce and quinoa noodles you have a perfect vegan dish in under ten minutes. Quinoa has tons of good and clean protein, as well as almonds and when you put the two together … BOOM! And on top of that, you add fresh vegetables… PERFECTION don’t you think?
I like to use this sauce with pasta, noodles. What I do I just mix all the ingredients, pour over the pasta and from there start adding fresh ingredients, I normally add what I have in the fridge. It tastes amazing with cabbage, carrots, lettuce, spinach, let your imagination fly.
So here is the recipe for this
quinoa noodles with almond butter sauce
it is delicious, easy, vegan and perfect for every meal. If you make it please share the recipe on Instagram with the #piloncilloyvainilla so I can see it and share it.
Quinoa noodles with almond butter sauce
- 1 1 lb quinoa noodles regular noodles or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons white rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- For serving:
- 1/2 green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup black or regular sesame
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- Cook pasta following the directions on the package, when done, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Mix the almond butter, tamari, tahini, vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil and salt in a bowl until well integrated. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. It can be a bit salty, but it will balance out when the pasta is added.
- Add to the pasta and finish it out with the rest of the ingredients.
This recipe was first published on March 2016.