This recipe for whole roasted cauliflower is vegan; it is easy, it is flavorful, it is SO good, it is a must-try.
And this recipe is probably one of the reasons why food makes me very, very happy.
I declare myself a foodie nerd.
I love buying food, cooking, trying food …. everything around it. It makes me happy, especially when I discover how to cook vegetables in a new sexy way.
And it has been a few years now that cauliflower has a ROCKSTAR status. And the more I cook it, I understand why.
You can find infographics about its benefits and other ideas to prepare everywhere.
Can you believe that cauliflower is full of vitamin C? Who knew, right? Not only do lemons have vitamin C, which is why you have to eat all kinds of vegetables.
how to make roasted cauliflower?
- With a pairing knife, remove all the leaves surrounding the cauliflower.
- Turn the cauliflower head upside down, and with the pairing knife, cut the thick part of the stem. Ensure that you do not cut very deep; you don’t want to loosen up the florets.
- Season the entire cauliflower with spice mix, this chili sauce paste, oil, salt, pepper, your choice!
- Roast in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and soft.
tips, tricks & other recipes
- I love to use my cast iron pan for this recipe, but you can use an ovenproof platter.
- If the sauce sticks to the pan, just soak it for a while with water.
- Halfway through the cooking time drizzle the sauce in the pan over the cauliflower. You don’t want to lose all those juices and oils and flavor.
- Use any type of cauliflower or even romanesco will taste amazing.
- Serve this roasted cauliflower with steamed rice or fried rice, with spring rolls, make cauliflower steaks, as an appetizer or as a side dish.
This recipe is so easy to do, just mix 5 ingredients, preheat the oven, and prepare cauliflower.
I like to do it on a cast-iron skillet, but you can prepare it in any dish you can put in the oven and then bring it to the table.
FUN FACT: everyone’s reaction to this beauty when place on the table is priceless.
The sauce that forms at the bottom is delicious… drizzle it over.
Here is the recipe for roasted cauliflower and I hope you like it. If you do, please share a picture of it on Fb or Instagram, save it for later on Pinterest. It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other neutral tasting oil you like to use
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sambal Oelek or other chili paste
- cilantro chopped
- scallions chopped
- peanuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- With a paring knife or other small knife begin to cut the cauliflower greens. Cutting one at a time until you reach the stem of the cauliflower. Being careful not to cut more than needed, remove the thicker stem.
- Put on the skillet or pan you will use with cut part down.
- Mixing the remaining ingredients, cover the cauliflower with that mixture. Make sure all is well covered, use your hands to cover it very well and add the mix everywhere.
- Put it in the oven for about 30 min. or until the top is golden and when pinched with a knife it is soft.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Products used in the recipe (may contain affiliate links).