Summer is the best time of year for tomatoes. I just love to walk around the farmers market and find all kinds of bright, flavorful and delicious tomatoes. Here is a very easy recipe that works for everything. You could use it as a sauce for pasta, or to top a salad or to eat over toasted bread.
Other idea: Baked eggplant with cherry tomato sauce
Other idea:pasta a la bolognese
Other idea:zucchini noodles
Here is the recipe for
these roasted cherry tomatoes
and I hope you like them. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog.
Roasted cherry tomatoes for everything
- 2 lb . cherry tomatoes 900 g
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them on the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl mix olive oil with sugar, salt, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Pour the mixture into the tomatoes, check that they are all well covered.
- Put in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool and store in the fridge in a tightly covered jar.