You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make this roasted green bean salad with navy beans and preserved lemons . The best part is that you can eat it for lunch or as a side dish.
I love to have this green beans roasted salad for lunch over quinoa or with a good piece of bread. The kind of bread that only has water, good flour and salt. Rustic bread. Also, this salad is perfect as a side dish, the flavors go well with anything you serve it with.
It all starts with roasted green beans. Green beans, when done right, are delicious and crunchy and perfect. Please, if you haven’t tasted roasted green beans… DO SO! They are the best.
You can roast them on a griddle or in the oven, either way they will turn out delicious. And then I just put octopus some navy beans. The beauty of this vegan recipe (you don’t have to even tell its vegan) is that you can serve it cold or room temperature. I usually add the navy beans on top of the hot roasted green beans so the beans heat up a bit. And then just drizzle the dressing… you see, it is that easy to have a complete and delicious meal. If you serve it with rice or quinoa or even bread, you can call this a very well balanced meal.
But before I give you the complete recipe, let me tell you what are preserved lemons in case you don’t know them. Preserved lemons are just that, lemons that have been preserved for over a month with salt and spices. The result… a super lemony, salty, tarty, delicious ingredient that you will love to use always.
tips, tricks & other recipes:
- For this green bean salad, you can use store-bought or home-cooked navy beans.
- If you choose to use store-bought, buy the best that you can find and with the least ingredients added. Rinse them before using them.
- Here is a link on Amazon o en cualquier super. Busca unos en tu super, te van a encantar y los puedes usar en muchas cosas.
- I love capers and love the layer of flavor they give in every bite. If you don’t like them, don’t use them.
- One very important thing about this recipe is that it will be best if you serve it on a platter and not a salad bowl . If you serve it in a bowl you can overcook the green beans and turn them into mush veggies. And we don’t want that.
- Here are other recipes that I think you will like: Roasted green beans with aioli, healthy vegan salad, hummus with roasted garlicky mushrooms, chickpeas soup with roasted avocado and charred limes.
So here is the recipe for this
roasted green bean salad
ROASTED GREEN BEANS SALAD WITH NAVY BEANS AND PRESERVED LEMONS
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb of washed green beans
- 1 1/2 cups cooked navy beans or 1 can
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- chili pepper flakes
- On a pan or skillet over medium-high heat, add the teaspoon of oil, the green beans, and leave them until brown on the edges.
- In the meantime, in a jar with a lid or bowl, mix the minced garlic, preserved lemons, capers, vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Mix well.
- When the beans are ready, put them on an extended platter, top with the navy beans, and finish with the dressing.
- Taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary, and sprinkle some chili flakes on top.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.