These roasted sweet potatoes with homemade Latin spice mix are a huge hit at my home. These guys are crispy on the dge and soft on the inside with a spicy delicious kick in every bite.
When I was growing up sweet potatoes weren’t as popular as they are now. And I really don’t remember eating them as a kid. I grew up in Mexico so there were less popular there. But I’m so happy I got to discover them. I was missing out on so much goodness; missing on flavor and on their nutritional povrs.
How to prepare roasted sweet potatoes?
Listen, this is one of the easiest way to prepare them.
You wash them, pat them dry, cut
Tips, tricks & other recipes
- It is very important that the sweet potatoes are about the same size. That way they will cook the same.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking pan, place the sweet potatoes strips in one layer.
- If you have leftover Latin spice mix … use it everywhere. It gives a perfect extra layer of flavor to everything it touches.
- I love to do my own spice mixes at home. I love to have more control over their ingredients and flavor.
- This is the best spice mix for roasted sweet potatoes, it gives them a flavor boost by seasoning them and cutting the sweetness a bit with the spice.
- Here are other sweet potato recipes that I’m pretty sure you will also enjoy: sweet potatoes with bbq sauce, lentil loaded sweet potatoes, sweet potato buddha bowls, healthy sweet potato chili.
So here is the recipe for these
Roasted sweet potatoes with home
made Latin spice mix
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Homemade Latin spice mix
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Homemade Latin spice mix
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Fresh oregano for garnish
- Turn on the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix spices and dried oregano with salt.
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut into similar size strips.
- Using your hands, cover all the pieces in olive oil.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture.
- Put them in the oven for 10 minutes. Take them out when golden. Turn them over and place back in oven for 5 more minutes.
Esta receta es un republish del 2014.