This recipe for rolled oats pancakes its easy, delicious and very healthy.
I know that having oatmeal or any other grain porridge for breakfast can be kind of boring. But the truth is that eating oats in the morning is an amazing way to start the day. When I was training for a marathon race I did some time ago, my coach used to say that oats are the champions choice for breakfast.
And that way of thinking about breakfast and oats got stuck in my mind forever. And knowing all of the benefits that oats have, I choose to give my kids oatmeal as often as I can. But I do have to confess they get tired of it, that is why I developed this recipe of rolled oats pancakes. They loved it, and I’m happy they do not leave the house without eating a nutritious breakfast. Because, as I always say to them…
“If you do not eat breakfast, your body won’t have the necessary energy to learn and live all of the fantastic things this day has prepared for you.”
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- This recipe for rolled oats pancakes is also perfect to have in the freezer or fridge so you just can even grab one and go if you needed to.
- So I’m telling you, this breakfast is perfect so no one in your household will skip breakfast ever again.
- I mean, you could even send it as a school lunch.
- If you serve them at home serve them with homemade peanut butter or almond butter and chia seed jam.
- Here are other lunch ideas for the kids: these pancakes, sushi burritos, veggie burritos, quesadillas.
My kids will start school tomorrow and soccer tournaments this weekend. So I’m starting to prepare for craziness overload. My goal is to T-R-I-P-L-E 😮 batch, yes triple it and freeze these pancakes.
So here is the recipe for these
rolled oats pancakes
and I hope you like them. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog. And please, do not forget to post a picture of your creation on Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla so I can see what you did and share with this fantastic community. You could also share on FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
Rolled oats pancakes
- ¾ cup pear puree apple puree or mashed ripe banana
- 1 ½ cup rolled oat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut sugar
- ¾ cup water
- vegan butter or oil
- maple syrup for serving
- Put pear puree, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, maple syrup and water in a blender jar. Blend until everything is well integrated.Heat a griddle or skillet, oil lightly and pour pancake mix onto the griddle or skillet. Repeat until done.Serve with maple syrup, fruit and/or chopped nuts.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.