I’m totally obsessed with granola, I love it for breakfast, as a snack, for satisfying that little window of hunger in the afternoon. My kids love it and it’s a life saver. That is why I came up with this idea, I just needed something extra to add to my salad or a soup. This savory granola is healthy, easy to prepare and adds a very tasty layer of flavor to everything.
Other idea:pumpkin pie granola
Other idea: chocolate granola
Here is the recipe for a very very tasteful
and a video on how to use it. Hope you like it, and if you do, please share the recipe and the blog.
- 1/3 cup oil of neutral taste I prefer the avocado
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder I use chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and add the oats and seeds, let them roast for about two or three minutes. Be careful not to burn.
- In a bowl, mix oil with tamari sauce, maple syrup, garlic powder, chili pepper powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add this mixture to the pan. Mix well to prevent sticking. Do not stop moving, at first, everything will feel stuck and gradually the oats will loosen up. Let everything cook between five to eight minutes.
- When loose, add the granola on a tray to cool.
- When fully cold store it in a tightly covered jar.