These caramelized and spicy roasted nuts are the perfect pantry recipe for when friends come over, for when you want to have something delicious in the pantry to finish salads, soups, or have sudden cravings.
These sweet and spicy roasted nuts are super easy to make and they serve you so many things. With these nuts you can:
- Finish a salad and turn it into something spectacular.
- You can have them in a jar and eat them when you have a craving for something tasty.
- To finish a pumpkin soup or a broccoli creamy soup.
- To finish some enchiladas or other tacos.
- To serve on a vegan cheeseboard.
- Or to serve on a veggie platter with fruit, hummus, and guacamole.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CARAMELIZED NUTS AND PICOSITAS:
- Walnuts: any nut works here. You can use cashews, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, etc. What’s more, this recipe is perfect for the days when you have a little bit of each type of nut, you put them all together in a bowl, and you prepare them, and that’s it.
- Maple syrup. You can use another syrup, but I really like the flavor that maple syrup gives to nuts, and the combination of spiciness and the warmth of nuts is the best.
- Chipotle chili powder. If you don’t have it, you can substitute it with cayenne pepper or ground ancho chili. But, if you have a dried chili at home and want to make a powder, just put it in the blender and blend until it becomes powder.
- Oil. You can use olive oil, avocado oil, or the oil that you like the most.
✎TIPS AND IDEAS to make the best-roasted nuts
- Do not walk away from the oven when you make them; the nuts can burn in no time.
- If you don’t have an oven, you can make them in a skillet at low heat.
- If you want, you can make them at a temperature of 200ºF and leave them for a longer time. This is safer if you want to keep the fats in the nuts.
Here is the recipe for these quick and easy sweet and spicy roasted nuts. And hopefully and you are encouraged to do them in your pantry at all times. Share the recipe on Instagram, Fb or save it for later on Pinterest.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
SWEET AND SPICY ROASTED NUTS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or neutral tasting oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon fine grain salt
- ⅛ or ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder or cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups nuts any combination of your choice is excellent: pistachios, cashews, pecans, walnuts, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the nuts, add the oil, maple syrup, cayenne or chipotle powder and salt.
- Mix until all well covered, put on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Baked in the oven for 10 minutes, rotate the tray and bake for 8-10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before testing.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
And I hope you like them if you do, please share the blog and the recipe. And pair them with Cameron Huges wines, in your next gathering. You’ll be amazed at how good they both taste.
Thank you Cameron Hughes for sponsoring this post. Capture the celebratory spirit of the holidays, and toast to the season with Cameron Hughes wine!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.