I love having these slow-roasted almonds around because when that little hunger monster hits around 3:00 pm and I start wondering in the kitchen and pantry; having a healthy and delicious snack ready to eat keeps me away from the not so healthy food.
This recipe for roasted almonds calls for three ingredients only, chili pepper I use Tajin, aquafaba, and almonds . Do not worry if you do not find the Tajin chili pepper, keep on reading because I have another option. But really, look for it, it is so good.
how to make vegan roasted almonds?
- Start by whisking the aquafaba until it foams. Aquafaba is the thick liquid that you get after cooking chickpeas or other beans.
- Add the almonds and cover them thoughly with the foamy liquid.
- With a slotted spoon take the almonds out and place them on a baking sheet. Add the chilli mix. Make sure all the almonds are well covered.
- Bake at super low temperature for an hour.
Yes, it is THAT easy to make these almonds . In Mexico, these spicy almonds are very popular. We gift them a lot. They make the perfect host, teachers, doctors, etc. gift. They a perfect treat for a special person or day.
These spicy vegan almonds are also the best for the kids’ lunchboxes or mixed with homemade popcorn while watching a movie and you wanna give your children a little extra healthy and vegan protein.
Tips, tricks and other recipes
- Yes, for these slow-roasted almonds , patience is key because they take about an hour in the oven.
- But once you have them roasted in a tightly closed jar in your pantry they will last for up two one month.
- The traditional way of making roasted almonds is by using egg-whites. By substituting the egg-whites with aquafaba, you can make any flavored oven-roasted nut vegan.
- You could add other chiles, spices, any other flavor combination.
- This recipe is for one cup of almonds , you can double it.
- Use raw almonds , remember that you will be roasting them.
- As you know in Mexico we add chili to everything… that is why these spicy vegan roasted almonds re so popular, but we also eat peanuts with chili, cashews, nuts, everything.
- Here are other plant-based Mexican snacks that I’m pretty sure you are going to love: Chamoy, chips and salsa verde, mango guac, powerful guacamole, and nachos with vegan queso.
So here is the recipe for these
SPICY VEGAN ROASTED ALMONDS
SPICY VEGAN ROASTED ALMONDS
- Put the aquafaba in a large bowl and whisk until it foams and the aquafaba feels lighter.
- Put the almonds and cover thoroughly. With a slotted spoon, remove the almonds from the aquafaba and place them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the chili powder on top, cover well. Make sure the almonds are spread out on the baking sheet.
- Turn on the oven at the lowest temperature possible and put the almonds in for an hour.
- Check and move the almonds after half an hour of the total time.
- If you don’t have Tajin chili powder at home or you can’t find it, soak the almonds in lime juice instead of aquafaba and sprinkle with the chili powder you have at home.
- Do not forget to try the chili powder that you are going to use instead of Tajin, make sure it is seasoned. If not, add salt.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.