If you are ready to enjoy the summer as it deserves, with good cold and refreshing drink in hand, this watermelon and jalapeño margarita is for you. Easy to make, refreshing and the best thing is that you can make it with or without tequila.
About this recipe
These watermelon margaritas are the perfect balance of ingredients. The sweetness and freshness of the watermelon is elevated with the heat of the jalapeño, making this drink your new summer obsession.
Ingredients for the spicy watermelon margarita recipe
- Lime juice
- Frozen watermelon chunks
- Jalapeno Simple Syrup
How to make jalapeño simple syrup?
Put 1/2 cup of water + 1/2 cup of sugar + 3 slices of jalapeño in a small saucepan over low heat until all the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
Remove the jalapeño slices and use it in the watermelon margarita or store it in the refrigerator in a tightly covered jar.
How to make watermelon margarita with jalapeno?
- First, peel and cut the watermelon into large pieces. Put the watermelon pieces on a tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat and put them in the freezer. The watermelon freezes in an hour or two, you can also do this step days before or the night before.
- The second step is to prepare the jalapeño simple syrup. It’s best to let them cool before putting them in the blender so the margarita doesn’t thaw.
- Prepare the glasses with salt. I rub a lemon on the rim of each glass and then invert the glass onto a plate of salt.
- Blend all ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Spicy watermelon margaritas
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 5 cups frozen watermelon chunks
- 1/2 cup jalapeno simple syrup
- Blend and serve in a glass with a salted rim.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.