There’s something I need to confess, it’s not serious, but I still need to acknowledge anyway. I am the pickiest person when it comes to ice cream; I don’t like most of them. So when you see how natural this strawberry and banana ice cream is, I think you understand why I’ve become so picky.
Why will you love this recipe?
This ice cream or nice cream is creamy and fresh; you’ll love it right away. In my house we don’t buy much ice cream, when we do have ice cream, it’s usually homemade or as a special treat for the kids. This ice cream though is the easiest thing in the world, and it only has two ingredients: bananas and strawberries.
Another good thing about this ice cream is that my kids swear I’m the best mom in the world because they can eat it whenever they want and even for breakfast. An excellent option to serve it as the first meal of the day is with a spoonful of raspberry chia seed jam and granola on top. Amazing right?
Ingredients for the strawberry and banana ice cream
- Strawberries, for this two ingredient vegan ice cream or nice cream you can use any type of strawberry that you have: frozen thawed, fresh, over ripe or the ones that nobody want to eat.
- Bananas, this recipe is perfect to use over ripe bananas. Normally what I do is when banans turn black, I peel them and store them in a silicon bag in the freezer. This way I will always have frozen bananas ready for smoothies or ice cream.
How to make this two-ingredient ice cream?
Place your ingredients in the food processor and pulse until everything is well integrated. Yes, that’s it. If you want to switch it up a bit use a mix of frozen berries or blueberries. You could also use a high-speed blender to make this vegan ice cream, just be sure to have your tamper on hand or add a bit of water or almond milk to blend it easier.
Other recipes that you may like:
tips, tricks & other recipes
- The only trick for making this ice cream in no time at all is to have all the ingredients ready and the banana frozen beforehand.
- The best way that I found to frozen bananas is to put a silicone mat on a baking sheet or some parchment paper and then place the slices of banana on top.
- I usually use fresh strawberries, but I’ve used frozen strawberries or other frozen berries, and it turns out just as good.
- If you have extra strawberries, you can make these strawberry scones that are super delicious, or a quinoa salad, or these muffins that are also to die for.
- Now, if you want other flavors of ice cream check out these recipes: açaí ice cream or this one with chocolate peanut butter.
So here is the recipe, take a picture of your creation and post it on Instagram or FB, I want to see it!! If you are going to make this later, save it on Pinterest. Leave me your comments, ideas or suggestions in the comment section.
Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
- Food processor
- 2 ½ cups Frozen Bananas
- 1 cup Strawberries fresh or frozen + thawed
- Put the strawberries and banana in the food processor or a high-speed blender. Pulse it until everything is perfectly integrated.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.