There’s something I need to confess, it’s not serious, but I still need to acknowledge anyway. I am the pickiest person when it comes to ice cream; I don’t like most of them. So when you see how natural this strawberry and banana ice cream is, I think you understand why I’ve become so picky. 😜
This ice-cream is creamy and fresh; you’ll love it right away. In my house we don’t buy much ice cream, when we do have ice cream, it’s usually homemade or as a special treat for the kids. This ice cream though, is the easiest thing in the world, and it only has two ingredients: bananas and strawberries.
The good thing about this ice cream is that my kids swear I’m the best mom in the world because they can eat it whenever they want and even for breakfast. An excellent option to serve it as the first meal of the day is with a spoonful of raspberry chia seed jam and granola on top. Amazing right? Anyways, here are a few tips and tricks that might help you out.
tips, tricks & other recipes:
- The only trick for making this ice cream in no time at all is to have all the ingredients ready and the banana frozen beforehand.
- The best way that I found to frozen bananas is to put a silicone mat on a baking sheet or some parchment paper and then place the slices of banana on top.
- I usually use fresh strawberries, but I’ve used frozen strawberries or other frozen berries, and it turns out just as good.
- If you have extra strawberries, you can make these strawberry scones that are super delicious, or a quinoa salad, or these muffins that are also to die for.
- Now, if you want other flavors of ice cream check out these recipes: açaí ice cream or this one with chocolate peanut butter.
Anyways, go to Nosh&Nourish, Kelly’s blog to get the recipe. I’m sure you’ll also find tons of inspiration there for other ice cream ideas or other healthy treats.