My home smelled like Mexico when I was preparing these poblano stuffed peppers with quinoa salad. I love how the poblano peppers smell while they are roasting, and what I also love about this is how easy they are to prepare.
If you are like me, probably the word “stuffing” is kind of scary. Anything stuffed gives me the chills and I fear I will be spending hours and hours in the kitchen preparing it. But not with this recipe, I’m telling you….
These stuffed poblano peppers are super easy to prepare!
To prepare the chile poblano peppers (here is some info about them) you just have to roast them first, cut them by half ( FROM ONLY ONE SIDE) then, open them really careful. And then again, really carefully remove the seeds and veins. Leave the veins if you like spicy food, ??. When ready just spoon the salad and top with diced avocado, pumpkin seeds, and cilantro.
Here is the recipe, please let me know if you like it and if you would like to see more recipes like this.
Stuffed poblano peppers
- 4-6 poblano chiles
- 1 + 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 lb . Cherry tomatoes 454 g.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa and
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, add about 2 tablespoons olive oil and place in the oven. They are ready when the top begins to brown.
- In a separate pan place the poblano chiles and put in the oven.
- In a skillet add the onion and remaining olive oil, when the onion is translucent add the quinoa and beans. Mix carefully.
- Add the seeds, salt, lemon zest and the roasted tomatoes at last (with all the juice that was released).
- Carefully open the chiles and rinse well in so that all the seeds fall out. With a pairing knife cut the veins from the stem to the part down.
- Fill with the salad of quinoa and beans. Serve with avocado pieces and chopped cilantro.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.