Berry sugarless muffins vegan recipe for breakfast or brunch, they are to die for!
Yesterday was my birthday and it was the first year I did not make myself a chocolate cake. I was in the mood for something lighter and not as sweet as a cake. So I made these little guys, berry sugarless muffins. I’m not sure why, but I guess it was because I heard everybody say that one of their resolutions is to be on a diet. Which is very weird, because I do not believe in diets. I believe in the power of eating well and enjoying every piece of food you have, as long it comes from nature or it is as close to it as possible.
These berry sugarless muffins are made with berries and sweetened with maple syrup. Try to always buy the best maple syrup you can afford, read the label and look for 100% maple syrup.
Related content: Corn Pancakes
These muffins are perfect for those times when you feel you need something sweet (normally for me is during the afternoon, before dinner) but you do not want to go overboard with sugar. They are super easy to prepare and they keep well for a couple of days.
Here is the recipe, for these
berry sugarless muffins
and hope you like them.If you do, please share the recipe and the blog. And if you make them, please share them on Instagram with the #piloncilloyvainilla.
Berry sugarless muffins
- 1 cup milk + 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil canola or avocado
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-11 / 2 cup berries frozen or raw
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F
- Prepare a muffin pan with 12 paper slips.
- Measure the cup of milk and put the teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl place the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add milk, maple syrup, vanilla, oil and apple puree. Mix well until everything is perfectly well integrated.
- Add the berries and mix with care not to smash them.
- Divide the mixture among the 12 muffins in the pan and put in oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick to insert a muffin comes out clean.
Search for baking powder without aluminum, it is always better and less chemicals in our food.
This recipe is a republish from January 2016.