This really is the best vegan hamburger recipe you’ll ever find. This vegan patty is flavorful, with a hint of jalapeños, and tons of umami flavor, and is perfect for summer. This vegan hamburger can be grilled, baked, or cooked in a skillet on the stove.
About this recipe
This recipe will soon become your favorite summer burger recipe. It comes together really fast and uses ingredients that we normally have on hand.
For me, hamburgers equal fun times. Usually, we make them when we have people over or my kids invite their friends for a pool party. We love to grill and eat them on the patio.
I set out all the condiments and each person prepares their own vegan hamburger as they wish, with mayo, ketchup, onions, etc. But as you know hamburgers are messy to eat and the ketchup and other condiments will get on the tablecloth, towels, everywhere!
INGREDIENTS for the best vegan burger
- Onion, garlic, and mushrooms are the flavor base for this recipe. Together they give this veggie burger that meaty, umami flavor that we all love.
- Potatoes and bread crumbs or panko are the hamburger binders. They hold the burgers together.
- Beans, any type will do. These give substance to the dish.
- Ketchup, barbecue sauce, or tomato puree
- Chopped pickled jalapeño chili (optional)
How to make them
- In a skillet, add the tablespoon of oil and the onion, and once the onion is translucent, add the garlic and mushrooms. Leave on until all ingredients are cooked and begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients, mix well with your hands, add the vegetables from the pan, mix and form 10 vegan burger patties.
- Cook as you wish: grilled, baked, or cooked in a skillet on the stove.
Veggie burger serving suggestions
Serve these burgers with homemade BBQ sauce, ketchup, and a big dollop of guacamole. I also love a good vegan mayo and some dijon mustard. Homemade queso is also a great addition to this vegan burger.
I love a well-served burger that gives you a messy bite every time. A worry-free bite, cause I know that everything will be spotless after washing it. I mean with this powerful washer that has enhanced cleaning performance with power steam. I know I can relax and enjoy my day outdoors!
Clean up made easy
I love when companies understand my life and needs and let me enjoy my days – when appliances are made to make my life easier. This is the case with GE Profile washer and dryer.
They are so good, they let me enjoy my days without thinking about all the cleanup I have ahead. And I’m telling you, we do not even have to think about adding detergent: it has a smart dispenser that puts in the exact amount of laundry detergent each load needs.
Their washer has the biggest capacity for home washers in the market, so I can wash all the pool towels and tablecloths at the same time. Yes, one load and I’m done!
And not only that, it is connected to your phone by SmartHQ so you can always have the latest features like customized settings for stain removal. And as a mom, I know that there are a lot of stains to get rid of.
And like all the GE Profile products, both the washer and dryer are connected to my phone, so they send me updates as needed so I can enjoy my time with friends.
Best vegan hamburger recipe Tips
- Cook your potatoes in salted water, this will make them more flavorful.
- If you want to enhance the meaty flavor of the burger, add a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to the patty mix.
- Toast the burger buns to make them more flavorful.
- For a firmer patty, make them ahead of time and let them sit on a baking sheet in the fridge for a couple of hours before cooking them.
Other recipe ideas that you may like:
Summer vegan burgers
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 cremini mushrooms chopped you can use a food processor
- 2 medium potatoes about 1 ½ cups, cooked and mashed
- 1 ½ cups of cooked beans no matter what type
- 2 tablespoons ketchup barbecue sauce or tomato puree
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or panko
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- red onion
- 8 burger buns
- Mayo, ketchup, mustard
- pickled jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet add the tablespoon of oil, add the onion and when transparent add garlic and mushrooms. Leave on until all ingredients are cooked and beginning to brown.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients mix well with your hands, add the vegetables from the pan, mix and form 10 burgers patties.
- Put them on a baking sheet and add them in the oven for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Serve on a hamburger bun or sourdough slices with Dijon mustard. Finish each burger with spinach, avocado slices, red onion slices and catsup.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.