This sun-dried tomato pesto is one of the first recipes I shared on my blog and is still one of my favorites.
En una revista que estaba leyendo, una chef se describía a si misma como una I was reading a magazine one day, and there was an article about a chef that described herself as a “professional eater.” I loved the term, and I think I can easily adopt it for myself because I love to eat.
I love to eat delicious and healthy food that makes me feel good, like this pesto. This is made with sun-dried tomatoes, basil and pine nuts, just like traditional pesto. I don’t know if you know but basil is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, iron, and calcium besides also being incredibly delicious.
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- Use this pesto on sandwiches, pasta, dips, potatoes, EVERYWHERE.
- You can keep this in the fridge for a month or more
- Mix it with mayo to spice it up a bit.
- The trick is to buy the best sun-dried tomatoes your can find. I buy the ones packed in olive oil. Yum.
- Check out my other pestos: classic vegan pesto, avocado pesto, kale pesto and mint pesto.
This sun-dried tomato pesto is delicious, healthy, and super easy to make. Sergio has a serious obsession with pesto. Therefore we always have to have at least a small jar in the fridge ready to eat. I usually vary between this one, the traditional ones, and a cilantro based pesto. Here is the recipe for this wildly delicious
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
And I hope you like it. If you do, please SHARE the recipe and my blog. If you have any doubts, comments about the recipe or any questions, please email me, DM on Instagram, or use the comment section or save the recipe for later on Pinterest.
Sun- dried tomato pesto
- 1 1/2 cups dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil just the leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- To make the pesto put the rest of the ingredients in the blender or food processor to form a paste. Taste and adjust if necessary.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.