These super powerful vegan chorizo tostadas are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I adore Mexican food and think there is nothing else like it. The smell and taste are incredibly delicious to me, but sometimes these dishes are very greasy. I can’t deal with the fat content of some recipes and how that makes them nutritionally unbalanced. Most of the time Mexican food is made oily and topped with tons of cheese. And believe me, I’ll be the first to defend flautas (deep-fried tacos) and gorditas (fried masa patties and then stuffed), but I also think there abetter ways to cook Mexican food. There are so many different kinds of dishes in Mexican cuisine with so many different combinations of tastes and spices that that’s what makes it absolutely irresistible.
These “chorizo” tostadas are made with Brussel sprouts which are a nutritional powerhouse. The best part is that you are not sacrificing taste for nutrition; on the contrary, you gain in flavor and nutrients that are amazing for your body.
I start by sautéing the Brussel sprouts with the same spices used in chorizo like ancho chile, garlic powder, cumin etc…yum. Brussel sprouts are already incredibly yummy, but imagine them cooked adding all these spectacular flavors. Delicious right?
I love eating light, healthy and feeling full of energy. After I eat, I feel fabulous and ready to take on the world to finish everything I have to do. Don’t you like feeling energized after a meal?? Instead of wanting to take a nap and feeling heavy and full.
Here are other healthy authentic Mexican recipes, that happen to be vegan:
I’m leaving you with these
VEGAN CHORIZO TOSTADAS
Besides them being super yummy they are filled with super powerful ingredients that will make you feel your best!
Superpowerful vegan chorizo tostadas
- 4 cups of shaved Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder ground dried chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 / 4 teaspoon freshly pepper
- 1 / 8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 / 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 / 2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tostadas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 avocado sliced
- Mexican crema I use cashew cream
For the Brussel Sprouts, vegan chorizo
- In a skillet over medium heat add the oil and the shaved Brussels sprouts.
- Leave them until they are soft, like 3 minutes. Add all the species and mix well. Leave everything for 5 more minutes or until the brussel sprouts begin to brown on the edges.
- Be careful not to burn. When ready, remove from heat and add the vinegar. Mix and set aside.
- For putting together the tostadas add 2 tablespoons of refried black beans and spread them well throughout the tostada.
- Then put three or four tablespoons of the powerful vegan chorizo, the Brussel sprouts.
- Finish each tostada with slices of avocado and cashew cream.