To make sushi burritos, you do not need any sushi mat, or any experience or anything. If you know how to make a burrito, you will know how to make a sushi burrito. The only trick is to wrap them in baking paper, parchment paper or other paper to keep the shape, if not, they will fall apart.
These sushi burritos can be made with any vegetables you have around and regular rice, it doesn’t matter if you do not use the special one for sushi. I always use brown rice and when I cook it, I always try to cook more, so it would be ready when I need it. These sushi burritos are made in a blink of an eye! Yes, they are super fast to prepare when you have the rice cooked. Use any veggies that you have on hand. I like to use a bit of siracha-mayo or chipotle mayo when I prepare them. But if you are not into spicy foods, just use a bit of tamari or soy sauce.
Burritos de sushi
- 4 sheets of seaweed nori
- 1 1/2 -2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 carrots julienned
- 1 large cucumber julienned
- 4 handfuls of green leaves
- 1 avocado sliced
- siracha sauce chipotle mayonnaise or soy
- 4 pieces of parchment paper
- Place on a piece of parchment paper the nori.
- Put on the rice, more or less as half cup and press it with your hands so that the rice sticks a bit to the nori sheet.
- Put on top of the rice the julienned carrots, the julienned cucumber, some green leaves, some slices of avocado and put the drizzle some sauce if using.
- Roll like a giant taco and use the paper to wrap it up like a burrito.
- Cut in half and enjoy.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.