These roasted sweet and spicy brussels sprouts are a total delight. Really, every time I prepare them I have to prepare twice as much because if not, none of them will make it to the table. The sauce is sweet and spicy and different, it is the perfect mix of flavors that excites you and makes you want to keep eating.
And isn’t it perfect that what you want to eat and eat are BRUSSEL SPROUTS?
What’s the best way to eat Brussel sprouts?
RAW. In a salad, the brussels sprouts shine for their crisp texture and filling it with flavor whichever salad you put them in. They are a perfect match in salads with pomegranate seeds, with seeds or nuts, or even with fruits, such as apples or pears.
They combine perfectly with simple vinaigrettes or with balsamic vinegar, white balsamic vinegar, or lemon juice-based dressings.
ROASTED. You can roast them on the stove in a heavy bottom skillet or in the oven.
How to make the perfect roasted Brussel sprouts in the oven?
- First, you have to cut them in half, remove the withered leaves or parts that are not good.
- Second, put them on a tray and add oil and salt. You can use olive oil or avocado oil or whatever you like best. Put a good pinch of salt on them, and with your hands, make sure they are all well coated.
- Third. Put them in a 425ºF preheated oven until they start to brown. Rotate the tray several times and make sure they brown evenly.
- Lastly. When they are beginning to brown in the center, but the edges are starting to show the golden color, add the sauce.
How to make the vegan sweet and spicy sauce?
This sauce recipe to finish the tiny cabbages is super easy to make and is sweet, spicy, salty, and with an Asian flavor profile touch. It is perfect for finishing baked Brussels sprouts or any other roasted veggies.
💥To make the sauce: 2 tablespoons of apricot jam +2 tablespoons of soy sauce +2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce a pinch of salt
✨GIVE IT A TWIST✨ •If you don't want to make these sweet and spicy brussel sprouts in the oven, prepare these brussels sprouts in a non-stick frying pan. Itis best if you use a cast iron pan. •You put a drizzle of oil in a pan and when hot add the cabbages. Let them roast long enough to get golden on one side, turn them over and put them to roast on the other side. •Add the sauce and when it starts to boil a little bit, turn the heat off.
Once they are crispy, fully coated with the sweet and spicy sauce put them on a plate and finish with chopped cilantro, super-thin sliced chives, sesame seeds, and some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Here are some ideas to serve net to the spicy and sweet Brussel sprouts:
- Crispy tofu
- Cauliflower fried rice
- Thai basil lentils
- Spring rolls
- Lettuce wraps
- Thai roasted kabocha soup
Here is the recipe for how to make sweet and spicy Brussel sprouts and I hope you like it as much as I do. This recipe is very easy to make full of flavor and perfect for the whole family.
Don’t forget to take a picture of your Brussel sprouts and share a photo of your dish on Instagram, FB, or save the recipe for later on Pinterest. If you like it a lot, please give it 5 stars, thanks.
Sweet and Spicy roasted brussel sprouts
- Baking sheets
- 4 cups halfed brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or avocado
Sweet and spicy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 pinch of salt
- chopped cilantro
- chopped chives
- lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425-450ºF
- Cut brussels sprouts in half and place on a cookie sheet. Add the oil and salt, mix and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn every 5 minutes to make them roast evenly.
- To make the sauce, mix everything in a bowl and taste.
- Take the cabbages out of the oven, empty the sauce on top and mix until all are covered.
- Return to the oven for 5 more minutes or until you see that the sauce begins to boil.
- Scoop out the cabbages on a platter and finish with cilantro, chives, sesame seeds, and freshly squeezed lemon juice
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.