This sweet breakfast bowl is not your typical plate of hard, dry, and tasteless oatmeal. Quite the contrary, it is creamy, delicious oatmeal simmered with a pinch of salt and filled with berries and bananas.
Why are oats good for breakfast?
For me, this is a breakfast of champions; it is a breakfast to start the day as you should, with energy, vitamins, and minerals. This creamy oatmeal is a breakfast that nourishes us, fills us with nutrients, and gives us energy.
The point of a good breakfast is that it gives us enough energy to start our day, and somehow tell our body: are you ready to do everything we have to do? Besides, a good breakfast speeds up our metabolism and helps us burn calories and fat, not save them.
Benefits of oatmeal
Oatmeal is full of benefits; it is wonderful, full of fiber, and makes us feel super good until lunch. I tell my children that he who does not eat breakfast does not learn. And it is true. If we give the children a cheap breakfast full of sugar and refined flour, the poor kids will be starving within half an hour of having eaten.
Therefore, this oatmeal with sweet cashew cream is going to be your favorite. Oats are packed with antioxidants, minerals, and fiber, all of which are good things for us.
Ingredients to make creamy oats
- Oats. Use whole oats, whole grain is better. Also remember that if you are sensitive to gluten, although oatmeal is gluten-free, it may be crossed with a grain that does. So it’s always best to look for oats that are certified gluten-free
- Water. Yes, water. One of the most common mistakes we make when we cook oatmeal is to use milk. Milk is put last but using water is the first secret to having creamy oatmeal.
- Salt. Yes, a pinch of salt, because everything tastes better with salt.
- Cashews (nueces de unroasted and unsalted. If you can’t get cashew nuts, you can substitute blanched, filleted, macadamia or walnut almonds.
- Dates, seedless
Fruits to serve
This is just an idea, but the truth is that you can put anything on it. Apples and pistachios, roasted peaches, caramelized bananas, pears, or maybe swap out the cream of cashew for a poblano cream.
How to make the oats creamy
The most important tip is to use water instead of milk. And for me, it is always creamier if you put the oatmeal and the water with a pinch of salt at the same time, so they both heat up at the same time and integrate better.
Another method is to boil the water with a pinch of salt. When it boils, put the oat flakes and turn them little by little until they are cooked and creamy.
Other recipes that you may like:
- How to make oatmilk
- Coconut, almon, and chocolate energy balls
- Baked oats with p[umpkin spice mix
- A better oat cookie
- Better chocolate chip cookies
Wow! This is a real breakfast, something that is good for us. I’ll give you the recipe for this sweet, creamy oatmeal bowl for breakfast, full of flavor, benefits, and minerals, and if you like it. Ah, another thing, if you have a lot of cashew cream leftover, use it on waffles, pancakes, French toast, etc.
Sweet breakfast bowl
- 1 cup whole oats not the quick cooking ones
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup cashews cashews, unroasted and unsalted
- 6-8 pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 2 handfuls of raspberries
- 2 bananas
- To cook the oats put it in a pot with water and a pinch of salt. If you can, cover and let soak overnight.
- The next morning turn the heat over to low and leave for 10 minutes uncovered, if did not soak the oats, cook them for five more minutes.
- To make the cream of cashews, soak the cashews overnight, the next morning, drain and blend with the cups of water, dates, vanilla and cinnamon.
- To serve, put oats in a bowl, add the berries and bananas and drizzle with the cashew cream.
- You can add maple syrup, chopped nuts or any other fruit you fancy.