This is not the typical oat bowl of dry, over-cooked, flavorless and yucky oats. It is a bowl of creamy, delicious and well-cooked oats. And…the best of all is that it is topped with a sweet dressing. YES!!! A creamy and delicious cashew cream sweeten with dates, all whole foods and yumminess. A whole foods breakfast that will keep us full until lunch time, and not starving through the day. The thing with a good breakfast is that it has to be healthy and delicious to make us start the day like champions. A good breakfast helps us accelerate our metabolism and helps us to burn fat and calories, not store them. Oats are full of fiber, good fiber, that will make us feel good all morning. I always tell my kids that if they do not eat breakfast, they would not be able to learn properly. How is their mind going to be able to focus on school stuff if their bodies are craving good food and nutrients? It is impossible! And for me there is nothing worse that to be hungry!!!! And now, imagine you top your tasty, creamy and full of flavor oats with a delicious creamy dressing made with raw cashews? Raw cashews are full of protein and vitamins. And taste delicious with the berries and bananas.Wow! this is a true breakfast, a nourishing breakfast. Here is the recipe, share it if you like it. Oooopppps, and another thing, if you have cashew cream leftovers use it over french toast, waffles, pancakes, etc.
Sweet breakfast bowl
- 1 cup whole oats not the quick cooking ones
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup cashews cashews, unroasted and unsalted
- 6-8 pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 2 handfuls of raspberries
- 2 bananas
- To cook the oats put it in a pot with water and a pinch of salt. If you can, cover and let soak overnight.
- The next morning turn the heat over to low and leave for 10 minutes uncovered, if did not soak the oats, cook them for five more minutes.
- To make the cream of cashews, soak the cashews overnight, the next morning, drain and blend with the cups of water, dates, vanilla and cinnamon.
- To serve, put oats in a bowl, add the berries and bananas and drizzle with the cashew cream.
- You can add maple syrup, chopped nuts or any other fruit you fancy.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.