They’re all back! Yayyy, I told them that I didn’t miss them a bit, but it is not true ….. I did miss them but shhhhhh!!. The good thing is that it’s never difficult for me to do stuff, I’m very active and I find it easy to entertain myself, I do not get bored easily. I organized many things that were
a mess around the house a little messy around the house, such as bathroom closets, drawers and also worked a bit on my blog. And ….
the new logo! I forgot to update the Q & A (questions and answers) page, where I write some of the things my kids do not like to eat. Like Romina lately, does not like sweet potatoes. I do not understand why.
They are delicious in every single way they are prepared, I even put them in juices, raw, and they taste great. They are full of vitamin C, vitamin B6, and many more vitamins, minerals, etc. They are full of benefits that make us look good, slow our aging process a bit, and help us to prevent getting sick very often, etc. Ok, but I do not let her go with not eating them that easy, I mean, those are lots of benefits, so the witch that lives in me comes out and makes her eat just a some of them.
So here is the recipe, hope you like the sauté potato with sweet potatoes and a smoky tomatillo chipotle sauce, if you do please share.
Sweet potato and potato tacos with tomatillo-chipotle sauce
- 2 potatoes diced
- 2 sweet potatoes diced yams
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons normal oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tomatillos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce or more to your taste
- Corn tortillas to serve
- Pre heat a bit a skillet and put the oil, potatoes and diced sweet potatoes with salt sea. Leave them there, uncovered, for about 5-10 minutes until you see that begin to brown a little bit.
- Add the onion and let them cook stirring constantly until all is cooked through and browned.
- Meanwhile boil the tomatillos and garlic cloves in a saucepan with water a little bit of water, just to prevent them sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- When fully soft and cooked, add the chipotle and using an immersion blender puree everythig. Add salt and test for seasoning and spiciness. Add all the Chipotle you want, I use a little so the children eat it too.