This post is a partnership with FloraHealth, all opinions, photos, and recipe are mine.
The other day someone asked me if I only ate steamed and bland food because she knew that I follow a healthy diet. You can imagine my face right??? I was shocked; I had to take a deep breath and explain my approach to healthy eating and the amazing flavors you can find in nature. I think there it is still a huge lack of information on healthy tasty food. YOU can eat healthy and delicious at the same time. The key is to eat as close to nature as possible, and if you eat well 80% of your day, you’ll even have a chance to eat chips from time to time. This taco salad proves this theory; it is full of fresh produce and healthy food for our bodies. Even the dressing is full of super powers; it has OMEGAS + LIME JUICE.
I do not think there’s anything better, do you? Please go to Flora’s Health site and learn everything about this product. For me, it is super important to eat a healthy blend of oils, and Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 blend is the one that I prefer. This type of oil blends in perfectly well with whatsoever you prepare. You could add it to your smoothies, salads, your oatmeal breakfast or just take it as is.
Related content: Mexican Quinoa Salad
I love to prepare my salads with it; sometimes I will just drizzle it over some grilled broccoli or massage my kale with it. I just love it!
So here is the recipe for this
please feel free to add any other ingredients that you have in hand, I can assure you it will taste delicious. So if you liked this recipe and the blog please share.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Udo's Oil 3-6-9 Blend
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes or another type of tomato , chopped
- 1 chile serrano , sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 handfuls mixed greens
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 11/2 cups black bean or one can without liquid
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- In a bowl add the onion and lemon juice. Wait two to three minutes and add oil and salt. Mix well and add the tomato, serrano, and chopped cilantro. Mix and set aside.
- In a large serving dish, preferably not a bowl put the lettuce, add the black beans, roasted corn, sliced avocado, pumpkin seeds, dressing, and chips.