This vegan taco salad or a taco made into a salad is perfect because it is fresh, full of Mexican flavors, and great on its own or as a side dish. It is the best thing to eat when you’re indecisive between a salad and tacos.
Is this salad healthy?
Yes, yes it is, and it is also a statement that you can eat healthy and deliciously every single time. The key is that you always have to eat fresh, seasonal, and real food. And if you eat 80% of your day like this, you’ll even have a chance to eat chips from time to time. This vegan taco salad is proof.
INGREDIENTS for the vegan TACO SALAD recipe
- Dressing. Olive oil and lemon juice
- Red onion, use the onion you have at home; it can be chives, white onion, or shallots.
- Cherry tomatoes can be with any tomato that you have at home.
- Serrano pepper or jalapeño pepper if you want it to be less spicy
- Chopped cilantro, and if you feel fancy, you can also add peppermint and mint.
- Mixed lettuce or any other green leaf you have at home
- Roasted corn kernels, you can use frozen, roast them yourself, or use raw corn.
- Black beans, canned or cooked at home
- Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or sesame seeds
- Tortilla chips
HOW TO MAKE THE vegan TACO SALAD?
It all starts with the dressing, which is like a pico de gallo. I like to let the onion rest in lemon juice for a couple of minutes and then add the olive oil. Then I add tomato, cilantro, and serrano pepper with a pinch of salt. You put it aside.
To assembled the salad, first layer lettuce, then roasted corn, black beans, avocado, and sunflower seeds. I add the dressing and finish with the corn chips. I put the tortilla chips at the end so that they do not become soggy.
Enjoy with a good and cold Hibiscus agua fresca, agua de jamaica.
💡TIP This salad is best eaten immediately. If you are going to eat it later, prepare the dressing in a jar and put in the fridge, use just before eating, prepare the salad with the rest of the ingredients. You can add grated cheese to this salad (I use vegan cheese), zucchini noodles and/or mushrooms. This salad is also super delicious if you add the magical cilantro dressing.
Other recipes that you may like:
It would also be incredible if you give it 5 stars and/or tell me how it went in the comments section; if you have questions or ideas, put them there.
Vegan taco salad
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes or another type of tomato chopped
- 1 chile serrano sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 handfuls mixed greens
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1½ cups black bean or one can without liquid
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- In a bowl add the onion and lemon juice. Wait two to three minutes and add oil and salt. Mix well and add the tomato, serrano, and chopped cilantro. Mix and set aside.
- In a large serving dish, preferably not a bowl put the lettuce, add the black beans, roasted corn, sliced avocado, pumpkin seeds, dressing, and chips.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This post is a partnership with FloraHealth in 2017, all opinions, photos, and recipe are mine.
Are you on Instagram?