I know that every vegetable I cook with is always my favorite. The truth is I could not pick just one. There are so many that I like I could not choose just one. I think what makes it really difficult to choose only one, is that you can prepare each one of them in a thousand ways. Each different way of preparing one vegetable makes you think you’re eating a completely different dish.
Sure there are vegetables that are always in my fridge, like cucumbers (my children eat them every day and not because I say so because they love them), carrots, celery and mushrooms are always around. But mushrooms are at their best in fall. I love going shopping and look around all the different types there are. I feel I’ll never get bored of them.
This week I bought chanterelle mushrooms they are yellow, golden yellow good and delish. Their taste is earthy and nutty but milder than the creminni ones. Chanterelle mushrooms are little more expensive than others but definitely worth the splurge.
These mushroom taquitos are the simplest thing, I think more than a recipe is an idea or a method as I like to prepare mushrooms. You could add the mushrooms on a slice of baguette, or on top brown rice or eat them with pasta. For me, as a Mexican and Mexican food lover, tacos are my way to go.Here is the recipe and hope you like it. I love mushrooms and I almost ate all of them. I had to use all my strength and will power not to eat all the pan???. If you like the recipe and blog, please share it and follow me in instagram.
Mushroom tacos with cilantro and jalapeño
- 4 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno chopped minced *Optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Clean the mushrooms with a dry paper towel, scrape out the dirt only. Slice them more or less all the same thickness.
- Put a large pan to heat. Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, mushrooms and mix well.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper. The mushrooms will release some juice, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Let them 5 -7 minutes add the jalapeño, if using
- Let them until the juice from the pan dries, remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Mix, sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top and serve.
Si vas a llevar a la mesa los champiñones, ponlos en un Platón extendido, no hondo y con tapa.