Yes, you read right. This dark chocolate and pumpkin bread is so easy to prepare, it will soon become one of your favorite vegan treats.
In this time of year, well since October, everywhere you turn around you see pumpkins. Fresh ones, canned and everything is pumpkin flavored. I really thought I was over it when I prepared the pumpkin pie granola. But I saw the dark chocolate and pumpkin combination in a magazine and knew immediately I had to prepare something.
So I came home and developed this recipe. This vegan pumpkin bread really is the easiest dark chocolate and pumpkin bread you’ll ever find. When I prepared it I had to do it three times, I just couldn’t believe how easy and good it turned out.
I use store-bought pumpkin puree and I always try to look for the organic one. For the flour, I try to use the whole wheat one always. But there are times or recipes, like this one, that I use all-purpose flour . The trick here is to look for the unbleached and unenriched flour. When flour is bleached and enriched (vitamins and minerals added to it) it becomes a very processed product that you just do not want to eat.
As you can see in the video below, this recipe is just mix and bake. You make it all in one bowl, so yes, it means less clean-up. These recipes make me so happy!!
tips, tricks & other recipes:
- You can make this vegan pumpkin bread with chopped bakers dark chocolate or with dark chocolate chips. It will be delicious with both.
- Use the pumpkin puree you like, you could also use homemade puree. It will be as delicious as this one.
- Remember always that if you start with good and fresh and delicious ingredients you will finish with something extraordinary.
- Here are other fall recipes and vegan baked goods recipes: butternut squash and tomato sauce, almond flour chocolate chip cookies, vegan banana bread, vegan pumpkin scones with maple glaze.
So here is the recipe for this
dark chocolate and pumpkin bread
The easiest dark chocolate and pumpkin bread
- 1/2 cup rice or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 11/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate into pieces or chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- Measure the milk and add the vinegar. Leave the milk and vinegar on the side.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well everything is well integrated.
- Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup and milk. Mix and when everything is really well integrated add the chocolate.
- Put the mixture into a loaf pan with baking paper or covered with coconut oil to prevent from sticking to the mold.
- Leave the bread in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until you insert a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.