I really never thought that making peanut butter at home was that easy! Learn how I make dark chocolate peanut butter with this step by step tutorial-recipe.
Yes, I know you guessed it, but this homemade peanut butter it’s made with natural peanuts and good dark chocolate. I like to use dry, unroasted peanuts. But you could use any kind of peanut you like, salted or honey-roasted peanuts. Making homemade peanut butter is as easy putting the peanuts in the food processor and pulsing until all is creamy.
How to make homemade dark chocolate peanut butter?
Add the peanuts to the bowl of the food processor . You can make as much as you want, there are no exact measurements here. I added two cups but you can add, four cups or 6 cups depending on the capacity of the food processor .
The ground peanuts will turn into a thick paste and then they will form into a ball, like a thick playdough ball.
And then, just like magic the creamiest and smoothest peanut butter will appear in your food processor . At this point, your peanut butter is ready. You can start adding it to your smoothies, to your granola, or spread it to your toast. But you could also add more yumminess to it.
Add the flavor. This is the fun step, the step where you can let your creativity go wild! This step is so perfect to make with your kids. My kids love chocolate, but they don’t have that much of a sweet tooth. That is why we chose to make this dark chocolate peanut butter.
Some fun twists will be to add maple syrup, a bit of ground cinnamon, candied ginger or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Here are some ideas on how to use this dark chocolate peanut butter:
- Make dark chocolate peanut butter granola
- Or use it as a filling for the homemade peanut butter cups
- Finish your overnight oatmeal
- Finish you vegan pancakes
- Make a sundae with banana nice-cream or homemade chocolate ice-cream
So here is the recipe for this 3-ingredient dark chocolate peanut butter and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Share a picture of your creation on Fb or Instagram. Tell me in the comment section if you added anything more than chocolate. I wnat to know how adventurous you are.
3 INGREDIENT DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER
- 2 cups dry peanuts raw, unsalted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
- pinch of salt
- Place the peanuts in the food processor and let it run for 3-4 minutes. You will see the peanuts transform from crumbs to a dry ball to a creamy peanut butter.
- At this point add the chopped dark chocolate and a pinch of salt. You could also add sugar or maple syrup if you wish. Run the food processor again until the dark chocolate pieces melt and completely integrate with the peanut butter.
- Keep in a glass jar in the fridge. It will keep good for several weeks.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.