I really never thought that making peanut butter at home was that easy! Learn how I make dark chocolate peanut butter with this step by step tutorial-recipe.
Peanuts. I like to use dry, unroasted peanuts. But you could use any kind of peanut you like, salted or honey-roasted peanuts, etc.
Chocolate. I use unsweetened dark chocolate so this recipe is vegan, also rich dark chocolate has tons of nutritional benefits. Feel free to use any other chocolate that you like.
How to make homemade chocolate peanut butter?
Making homemade peanut butter is as easy as putting the peanuts in the food processor and pulsing until all is creamy.
- STEP 1
Add the peanuts to the bowl of the food processor . You can make as much as you want, there are no exact measurements here. I added two cups but you can add, four cups or 6 cups depending on the capacity of the food processor .
- STEP 2
- Step 3
The ground peanuts will turn into a thick paste and then they will form into a ball, like a thick playdough ball.
And then, just like magic the creamiest and smoothest peanut butter will appear in your food processor . At this point, your peanut butter is ready. You can start adding it to your smoothies, to your granola, or spread it on your toast. But you could also add more yumminess to it.
- STEP 4
Add the chocolate.
This is the fun step, the step where you can let your creativity go wild! This step is so perfect to make with your kids. My kids love chocolate, but they don’t have that much of a sweet tooth. That is why we chose to make this dark chocolate peanut butter.
Some fun twists will be to add maple syrup, a bit of ground cinnamon, candied ginger, vanilla, or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Why make peanut butter at home?
Some store-bought peanut butter has ingredients to extend its shelf life and stabilize it. Those types of ingredients are the ingredients that have no nutritional benefits for our health. Some examples are palm oil, “natural flavors”, artificial flavors, and preservatives, between others.
ideas on how to use chocolate peanut butter
- Make dark chocolate peanut butter granola
- Or use it as a filling for the homemade peanut butter cups
- Spoon over your overnight oatmeal
- Finish your vegan pancakes
- Make a sundae with banana nice cream or homemade chocolate ice-cream
- For dipping pretzels or drizzling it over sliced bananas
So here is the recipe for this 3-ingredient chocolate peanut butter and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Share a picture of your creation on Fb or Instagram. Tell me in the comment section if you added anything more than chocolate. I want to know how adventurous you are.
3 INGREDIENT DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER
- Food processor
- 2 cups dry peanuts raw, unsalted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
- pinch of salt
- Place the peanuts in the food processor and let it run for 3-4 minutes. You will see the peanuts transform from crumbs to a dry ball to a creamy peanut butter.
- At this point add the chopped dark chocolate and a pinch of salt. You could also add sugar or maple syrup if you wish. Run the food processor again until the dark chocolate pieces melt and completely integrate with the peanut butter.
- Keep in a glass jar in the fridge. It will keep good for several weeks.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.