Never in my life, I thought that I would call these little garbanzo salad sliders, tuna-less sandwich.
But when you try them this name will make perfect sense to you. These perfect tuna-less sandwiches are made with a very healthy and delicious garbanzo (chickpea) salad. The best part of this salad is that you can use it to prepare sandwiches or to stuff an avocado. Or maybe you just like your tuna salad with crackers, so this version of tuna-less salad will be perfect for you.
I also love this garbanzo salad because it is perfect on the go or to put in the kid’s lunchbox.
And as any good tuna salad when you prepare it in advance the flavors get better, for a picnic take in a glass container and serve it with crackers (homemade crackers are always better), crudités or a ready to eat tuna-less sandwich.
This tuna-less salad can be made with canned chickpeas or home-cooked ones. I use my INSTAPOT and they come out fully cooked in about 40 min if I not soaked or 20 if soaked overnight.
So, here is the recipe for this
perfect tuna-less sandwich
and I hope you like it. If you do please share the recipe and the blog and do NOT forget to take a picture and post it on Instagram @piloncilloyvainilla. I love to see your creations and share them.
Perfect tuna-less sandwich
- 2 cans of chickpeas or 3 cups home-cooked chickpeas drained
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise or any other mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup of red onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- Bread for the sandwiches or pretzel sliders
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced avocado
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and mash a bit the chickpeas with the back of a spoon.
- Prepare the perfect tuna-less sandwiches by putting two or three tablespoons of salad on a piece of bread, top it with slices of cucumber and about to slices of avocado.