This recipe for vegan artichoke and kale dip is amazing. Creamy, delicious and easy to prepare.
I love a good dip. The kind of dip that is healthy satisfying and easy to prepare. I made this vegan artichoke and kale dip for the first time and fell in love with it. Actually, it was the first time I tried it. I know it is not the original version, but it turned out delicious. I served it with a crudité platter and a small bowl of traditional hummus. I also added some thinly sliced baguet and some seed crackers.
Related content: Garlicky hummus
Related content: Spicy Hummus with “chiles toreados”
Here is the recipe for this
vegan artichoke and kale dip
and I hope you like it. If you do please share, the recipe and the blog.
Vegan artichoke and kale dip
- 12 oz artichoke hearts frozen or jar packed in water 340 g, thawed or drained, pat dried and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 large handfuls of chopped greens kale or spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can navy beans drained and pureed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cholula sauce or other spicy sauce
- Defrost the artichoke hearts or drain them very well if you use from a jar. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a frying pan add the olive oil, artichoke hearts and pinch of salt (a good pinch of salt). Let them brown on one side and turn. You can also roast them on a tray in the oven or in the toaster oven.
- When the artichoke hearts are ready remove them from the pan and set aside. Add the other spoonful of olive oil and chopped garlic cloves. Leave them for about 3 minutes or until they start to release their aroma. Add the greens and leave them until wilted.
- Put the bean puree, oregano, salt and the spoonful of Cholula sauce. Mix well and carefully.
- Add the roasted artichokes and mix carefully again.
- Serve in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt and a few droplets of hot sauce.