This vegan banana bread is one of my favorite recipes ever and one of the first I shared over here.
Years ago I decided that I would start making some treat for my kids’ lunchbox. Although I always bought the ones with the fewest ingredients, with organic ingredients and with the least amount of sugar possible, … they are still not a treat made at home…by me, mom.
This vegan banana bread can be made as a loaf of bread or as muffins.
Do you remember that the other day you asked me what I sent to the children in the lunch box ???
Well, this is one of those recipes that save me in the mornings when I’m still asleep with no clue on what to pack for lunch. Yes, I pack lunch in the mornings, I should do it at night, I know! I promise that later I’ll be posting more recipes for lunch. I also wanted to post this recipe because during the summer everything ripens FAST.
Other idea for the kids lunch box: burrito-sushi
This vegan banana bread recipe can be used as a base and change it every time. You can put nuts, chocolate, raisins, etc. What you like the best., So here is the recipe for this
vegan banana bread
and as always… please SHARE the recipe and the blog. It would be great if you post it on Instagram with the @piloncilloyvainilla, I would love to see your creation.
Vegan banana bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of neutral flavor oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple or pear puree
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF.
- In a bowl crush the bananas until there are no large pieces. Add the sugar and oil. Mix well until everything is well integrated, add the applesauce and vanilla. Keep stirring until everything is well mixed.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 12 muffin pieces mold or in a loaf bread mold.
- Bake it until you insert a toothpick and comes out clean, 20-25 min.
- This bread can also be made with puree pear or a mixture of the two.