This vegan banana bread is one of my favorite recipes ever and one of the first I shared over here. It comes out of the oven smelling perfectly delicious. It is a crowd-pleaser and a bit addictive too 😉.
Some years ago, I decided that I would start making school lunchbox treats for my kids and stop buying them. Although I always bought the ones with the fewest and cleanest ingredients, organic and with the least amount of sugar possible, they are still not a treat made at home by me, their mom.
3 reasons to love this bread
- This recipe for vegan banana bread is for a loaf, but you can make muffins too.
- Well, this is one of those recipes that saves me in the mornings when I’m still asleep with no clue on what to pack for lunch or to give the kids for breakfast. Just a slice with homemade almond butter and berry chia jam is SO delicious. You will want to eat too.
- This recipe is the perfect way to use over ripen fruit: bananas, pears, or apples. This recipe calls for fruit pure, and if it is homemade, its best.
Tips & tricks to make the best banana bread
- This bread will be more delicious if you use really, really ripe bananas.
- Use the vegan banana bread recipe as a base and flavor it with nuts, chocolate, raisins, etc. It is like having ten different recipes in one.
- Make your fruit puree with overripe apples or pears. I make the puree by simmering the peeled and seeded fruit with a little bit of water for 10-15 minutes. When the fruit is super soft, I let it cool and puree it with an immersion blender . Then I save it in freezer bags in 1/4 cup or half a cup portions.
- Do not forget to grease your pans so the bread does not stick.
- Wait until it cools down completely to cut and taste.
So here is the recipe for this vegan banana bread and as always please SHARE the recipe and the blog. It would be great if you post it on FB, Instagram with the @piloncilloyvainilla, I would love to see your creation. If you want to make it later, save it on Pinterest.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Vegan banana bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of neutral flavor oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple or pear puree
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF.
- In a bowl crush the bananas until there are no large pieces. Add the sugar and oil. Mix well until everything is well integrated, add the applesauce and vanilla. Keep stirring until everything is well mixed.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 12 muffin pieces mold or in a loaf bread mold.
- Bake it until you insert a toothpick and comes out clean, 20-25 min.
- This bread can also be made with puree pear or a mixture of the two.
- To make the puree cook the apples or pear in very little water until very soft.
- Blend in the blender or with a kitchen robot.
- I put it in freezer bags and freeze them.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.