These vegan banana donuts are the type of baked goods that you just can’t stop eating. They are delicious, light, full of flavors; they have a little crunch from the nuts and the maple glaze … well … IT’S AMAZING! My kids ask for them all the time.
My perfect idea of eating healthy and clean is also … to eat good and delicious food. And what I always tell my children, is that if you eat well 80% of the day, you can use the other 20% of the day to cheat a little.
That’s why having healthy treats like these donuts ready at home is so good. Also, these vegan banana donuts are perfect for school lunches. If you decide to make some doughnuts for the kids to take to school, I would recommend leaving some without nuts since there are a lot of kids with allergies these days.
Adults will love this delicious baked goods too. The maple glaze is sweet but not too sweet, and paired with the banana flavor is so delicious. But I better give you some tips for when you make them, and then you can tell me how it went.
Tips, tricks &
- I thought a lot about buying a donut-baking pan, but I swore I wasn’t going to use it that much, turns out, I love it and use it every time. If you buy one, make sure you get one that doesn’t stick.
- These vegan donuts will taste better if you make them with ripe bananas, it’s like banana bread, the riper the bananas, the better, right?
- Let them cool before putting the icing on, or else, it will melt.
- If you don’t like the idea of banana donuts so much, these apple donuts are amazing!!!
- Or if you feel like having something healthier try this carrot juice.
Below you’ll find the recipe for these
vegan banana donuts
If you like them, please share the recipe and the blog. I love to see how it turns out for you so if you can please take a picture and put it on Instagram or FB that would be amazing. And don’t forget to save them for later on Pinterest.
Vegan Banana Donuts
- 1 ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar I use brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup vegetable milk
- 2 ripe bananas medium-small size mashed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable milk if you need more add ¼ teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- ⅓ cup of roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
- Turn the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt. In another bowl mix the milk, banana, oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones, be careful not to mix. Put the mixture in the mold and put in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown and the stick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool before removing from the mold and putting the glaze on.
- In a separate bowl mix the glass sugar with milk and maple honey. Put only the top of each donut in the icing. Put the chopped walnuts on top then then and let them dry in a rack.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.