These healthy vegan banana muffins with a cinnamon-nuts topping are so easy to make and perfect every moment of the day. They are delicious, fluffy, and the crunchy, sweet, and the full of flavor topping will make you fall in love with them at the first bite.
These vegan banana muffins are perfect for mornings, afternoons, or evenings. You can eat them for breakfast, as dessert, as a snack, or even use them as a birthday cake if you put some candles on top.
Ingredients for vegan banana muffins
- Bananas Use ripe bananas, the ripest bananas that you can find. The overripe bananas that nobody wants to eat. Those bananas are the best and sweetest to make any banana bread.
- Ground flax. Ground flax serves as an egg in the world of vegan cooking. Flax has super nutritional powers, including fiber. Lots of good fiber, so it’s essential to eat it.
- Flour. This recipe is very adaptable; you can use whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
- The topping. The topping of these muffins is a delight. It all starts with chopped nuts, brown sugar or regular sugar, and cinnamon. Everything is stirred with a little oil and then used to top the banana muffins. YUM.
💡IDEA💡 If you have a lot of ripe bananas, freeze them. Here is an easy way to do it: • Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. • Peel the bananas carefully so that they do not fall apart. Cut them into pieces and put them on the prepared tray. Place the tray in the freezer for at least 2 hours. • When the bananas are frozen, remove them from the tray and store them in a freezer bag. • With these frozen bananas, you can make banana bread (thaw them beforehand), banana ice cream or smoothies.
How to make banana muffins?
Time needed: 35 minutes.
Making these vegan banana muffins with cinnamon-nuts topping is the easiest thing you can imagine and we could summarize it in three steps (the ingredient list and full steps are on the recipe card).
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Mix the flaxseed with water.
Smash the bananas very well.
Mix all the ingredients for the muffins in a bowl.
Mix the walnut and cinnamon topping in a smaller bowl.
- Prepare and bake.
Prepare the muffins and bake. Divide mixture into 12 regular-size or 6 full-size muffins.
Finish each muffin with a tablespoon or two of the cinammon-nut topping.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
And the topping…
The topping is what goes on top of the muffin. It is that crunchy and delicious crumbly part of the muffin that you just can’t stop eating. The topping is the one that brings out the banana flavor and the one that makes these banana muffins irresistible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The topping kinda makes a mess every bite you take. So these muffins are not the best TO-GO-MUFFINS. But they sure are fun to eat.
➡︎Other vegan baked good that you may enjoy:
I leave you the recipe for these banana muffins which is one of the most popular recipes here at my house. We all love to eat and prepare them. When you make this recipe please share it on FB or Instagram. If you are going to do it then save it on Pinterest.
It would also be incredible if you give it 5 stars and/or if you tell me how it went in the comments section; if you have questions or ideas also put them there.
VEGAN BANANA MUFFINS WITH CINNAMON-NUT TOPPING
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed + 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk or any other
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil or a neutral flavor
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or any other neutral flavor
- In a small bowl mix the tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let it rest for a little while.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- When the bananas are completely shredded add the milk, oil, vanilla and sugar. Mix very well.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the powders to the banana mixture. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Prepare a tray of 6 large muffins or one of 12 normal muffins with small pieces of paper or with a little oil and empty the mixture. Be careful not to overfill them.
- To make the topping, mix all the ingredients very well. When the mixture is ready, distribute it in each muffin, about a teaspoon in each one.
- Put it in the oven for about 25 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean.