This recipe for vegan bean fajitas is an easy, delicious, super healthy, dinner idea. Serve them in a wrap, taco with flour tortillas, with lettuce as a salad, or as a Tex-Mex rice bowl. Best of all is that is so flavorful it will draw a crowd to your table.
About this recipe
I loved the idea of this recipe the minute I thought about it. Especially because I love anything homemade and with a Latin twist. So I thought to myself: onions, peppers, beans, and homemade Latin seasoning mix. Yes, it will make fast and easy vegan bean fajitas.
Black bean vegan fajitas Ingredients
- Peppers and onions. You can use red, yellow, or orange bell peppers. A mix of all of just one color. Same with onions, any type or color of onion will work.
- Beans. I prefer to use black beans for this recipe, but any bean will work. Use Kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans, or a combination of the three beans.
- Latin spice seasoning mix. This seasoning is spicy, smokey and so good you will want to use it on everything. This mix has cayenne pepper (you could also use ground chile chipotle), cumin, salt, garlic powder, and dried oregano.
🔥TIP I made this with canned beans, which made this recipe even easier. I always buy GOOD canned beans, like the ones from Eden Foods. By far, it's always better to cook your own legumes but if you are in a hurry use canned
How to make these vegan fajitas
In a large skillet add a tablespoon of oil and when it starts to heat put the peppers and onion when they begin to brown add the pinch of salt and the spoonful of Latin fajita seasoning mix.
Give this recipe a twist
- Add portobello mushrooms if you want them to be “meatier.”
- Serve with guacamole, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro, and a spoonful of dairy-free sour cream or Mexican crema.
- Make it a sheet pan dinner by roasting your veggies in the oven, then add your beans, mix and serve.
Here are some tips for buying canned beans:
- As I always tell you, read the ingredients of everything you buy. Know your labels! Get items with ingredients that you know and you can pronounce.
- Look for canned foods that are in a BPA free can
- Try to buy organic beans
- Look for canned beans that are vegan and have no more than 2-3 ingredients.
Other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for these vegan bean fajitas and I hope you like them as much as I do. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog. And if you make them please take a picture and post it on Instagram, Facebook.
Vegan bean fajitas
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 orange pepper sliced
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Latin seasoning mix * see notes
- 2 cans of beans black or kidney
- Flour tortillas
Latin spice seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large pan add the tablespoon of oil and when it starts to heat put the peppers and onion when they begin to brown add the pinch of salt and the spoonful of Latin seasoning mix.
- Add the beans and mix carefully.
- Heat the flour tortillas and add the vegan bean fajitas to prepare the tacos. Serve them with avocado, cilantro, and salsa.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.