And one of the best things about Instagram is that you can actually make some friends, learn and get inspired. I feel there is a lot of talk about social media but I truly believe
So… while scrolling through the feed I saw the fajitas that Erin made. I loved the idea, especially because I love to make a HOMEMADE LATIN SEASONING MIX. So I thought to myself… onions, peppers, beans, and the seasoning mix… YUM! Fast and easy vegan bean fajitas.
And I made this with canned beans, which made this recipe even easier. I try to always buy GOOD canned beans, like the ones from Eden Foods. I know it’s always better to cook your own but if you are in a hurry use canned
Here are some tips for buying canned beans:
- As I always tell you, read the ingredients of everything you buy. Know your labels! Get items with ingredients you know and you can pronounce.
- look for canned foods that are in a BPA free can
- try to buy organic beans
- look for canned beans that are vegan and have no more than 2-3 ingredients.
Here are some recipe ideas that will go perfect with this vegan bean fajitas:
- Horchata, vegan and healthy
- Creamy jalapeño Salsa or authentic Mexican salsa verde
- And if you want a more substantial meal you could serve this Mexican lentil soup before the fajitas.
So here is the recipe for these
vegan bean fajitas
Vegan bean fajitas
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 orange pepper sliced
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Latin seasoning mix * see notes
- 2 cans of beans black or kidney
- Flour tortillas
- In a large pan add the tablespoon of oil and when it starts to heat put the peppers and onion when they begin to brown add the pinch of salt and the spoonful of Latin seasoning mix.
- Add the beans and mix carefully.
- Heat the tortillas and add the vegan bean fajitas to prepare the tacos. You can serve them with avocado, cilantro, and salsa.
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano